X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger seats

Hi all,

thinking of buying a 3 litre SSR-G.
    I know the only real answer to my question is to find one & try it, but was wondering if any of you guys have experience of long trips while fully loaded.

We are going to be driving through europe if we get one and I'm concerned about the 50/50 rear seat split. Does this have any impact on comfort for middle passenger?

I have three teenage children who moan enough as it is without one of em getting an uncomfortable seat for 3000 miles.

Thanks in advance & apologies if this has been asked before (I did a search & couldn't find an answer).

Steve

not much leg room in the back for the centre passenger. especialy for teenagers.
    they will only have a lap belt and if one side at back has reclined thier seat but not the other then that may be a bit uncomfy.
    but on the whole much the same as the middle passenger in the back of any car.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

re passenger seats

Originally posted by Greebo
      not much leg room in the back for the centre passenger. especialy for teenagers.
      they will only have a lap belt and if one side at back has reclined thier seat but not the other then that may be a bit uncomfy.
      but on the whole much the same as the middle passenger in the back of any car.

Thanks for the reply.... managed to find one locally & took the clan to check it out. Unfortunately the rear middle seat really is uncomfortable (seems to push you forward). So perhaps not the vehicle for us.

Appreciate the response tho.

Comment

the rear middle seat in the landcruisers are more like a seat rather than pushing you up in the air like most cars and are pretty comfy.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Try a 3rd Gen, they have more leg room in the back.

Comment

My three are 12 and complain about lack of comfort on long journeys - being a caring parent I just tell them to stop whinging or get out and walk .....

When we went down to the South of France in July we chucked a folded up quilt on the seat to give them a bit more padding.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

You want to try the rear leg room in a 2nd gen. SARDINES have more comfort so yours are lucky.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

The middle guy has plenty of leg room, rest them on the center consol, stretch out and relax!

I think the rear leg room isn't to bad, just when you've got someone like me with long legs and the seat right back its a little small.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X