Malmos Bike Carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malmos Bike Carrier

I have just puchased a "cranked" Pole for my bike MALMOS towbar mounted bike carrier which I think is has been excellent!

Only trouble is that it does not come out far enough to clear the spare wheel! And I was just wondering if any one else has this type of carrier, and if so did you have the same problem and how did you cure it?

Attached Files
    Last edited by Dunno; 24 September 2005, 12:48.
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Yeah - I have the exact same carrier and had the same problem - give the guys a call and they will make you up an extension bar which effectivley goes between you current tow bar and tow ball to move it back a bit - a 4" extension should just clear the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
      Yeah - I have the exact same carrier and had the same problem - give the guys a call and they will make you up an extension bar which effectivley goes between you current tow bar and tow ball to move it back a bit - a 4" extension should just clear the wheel.
      Yep very helpfull got my 4" extension!! and all i gotta do now is find the time to fit it as the wireing wont be long enough now!!

Thanks for the info

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
        Yep very helpfull got my 4" extension!! and all i gotta do now is find the time to fit it as the wireing wont be long enough now!!

Thanks for the info

Paul
        Can you not just leave the wiring in place and fit the extension in front of it?

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick

Comment

Yep - leave the plug where it is...

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
            Yep - leave the plug where it is...
            I would of left it where it is, but i need to put the bike rack bracket that side of the ball so as i have a clearer access when fitting the pole!

Comment

Working...
            X