Not Quite 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Quite 100

I got 99 MPH (160KPH) out of my 2.4 today when I normaly only get 96 MPH, this is after fitting a twin pipe Stainless steel exhaust on the back! and I was on 50/50 Diesel/Veg.

(For leagal resons) I own a 3 mile long stretch of road in my back garden! Honest!
    I like Orientals

Watch out, the heads going on 2.4 surfs i think has a lot to do with us British drivers thrashing the bejesus out of what is a truck.
    The japanese dont normally take the cars to more than 75mph and if they do they normally own a drift type car for the weekend.
    Dont mean to be a miserable get but i have owned 3 2.4 surfs and each one has lasted more than 2 years and never had an overheating problem, but i dont go over 75ish mph and import them myself from tokyo but i bet there is a link with head and overheating problems and thrashing the engine.
    Still well done on getting a 2 ton truck to 100 mph with its amazing aerodynamic qualities lol

Comment

I do normaly take it easy, but you have to blow the cobwebs out now and then to get rid of the build up of soot, I also have extra cooling vents in the bonnet.
      I like Orientals

Comment

Way to go you nutta!

Comment

Nah speed ain't got nothing to do with the heads going it was just a dodgy batch of them thats all.
          If it were speed then I think mine would have gone a lot sooner than it did believe me, 99mph keep up lol
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
            I got 99 MPH (160KPH) out of my 2.4 today when I normaly only get 96 MPH
            Mine is lucky to do 99 ks, but I would never exceed the speed limit anyway

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
            (For leagal resons) I own a 3 mile long stretch of road in my back garden! Honest!
            I would need about 30 miles of straight downhill to get that sort of speed.
            Simon.O.
            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Most I ever got out of mine was 92mph but that was on a long straight flat piece of motorway and on the GPS it was only doing 84 mph

Still I agree you need to blow out the cobwebs sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X