Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Surfer!

Got my Surf back on the road whoopee!
    TonyN (the main man) fitted a new head for me and I drove home 80+miles (M3/M25) yesterday
    sweet as a nut She got a good workout lots of traffic so every kind of driving condition stop start and creeping along in places and opened her up to 80+ at times no problems
    I checked the coolant this morning spot on went for another 30 mile drive in lots of traffic took 2 hours! and again sweet as a nut!
    its great to be behind the wheel again all thanks to Tony I can't thank him enough the man is Surf Genius
    had a good chat with him and Linda what a
    great couple !
    got lots of priceless info and advice and have a list of stuff to do to help prevent overheating problems that with Tonys help I am going to do asap
    anyhoo I can only say Tony's the man to go to for any of your repairs/maintenance/upgrades on your surf and the 80 mile trip for me is well worth it
    cheers
    Bobo

If you just had the new head fitted i wouldnt have opened her up to 80 for a good few hundred miles, isnt it going to need to be run in ?

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
      If you just had the new head fitted i wouldnt have opened her up to 80 for a good few hundred miles, isnt it going to need to be run in ?
      Its not so bad, I always put a few miles on them before giving them back to check things out. Once the heads bolted down, its down! Its got new cam bearings in it but thats about it for new moving parts.

He's just excited about getting back!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Know How you feel Bobo Got mine back on the road last Tues done about 800 miles of

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
          Know How you feel Bobo Got mine back on the road last Tues done about 800 miles of
          would you be pleased then ?
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
            Oh yeah! I've done about 150 miles already
            was going to go up to Bristol (Roughtrax) today but ran short of time in the end
            back to work tomorrow but come saturday I'll be racking up them miles

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Its not so bad, I always put a few miles on them before giving them back to check things out. Once the heads bolted down, its down! Its got new cam bearings in it but thats about it for new moving parts.

He's just excited about getting back!
              chuffed to bits actually Tony she drives a treat and the temperature label on the head has only one section gone black as I've said she's been put through her paces over 70miles again today in all road conditions heavy traffic and up to 80mph at times fantastic job you've done can't thank you enough
              also thanks to all forum members for their help and advice when I was stuffed and especially Stevo and Marky who pointed me in your direction because ultimately without everybodys input I would have trusted the job to someone who doesn't fully understand Surfs and judging by so many peoples experiences that is an expensive mistake too easily made
              cheers
              Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by ukviha
                easier said than done !
                I had gone over 50 miles in stop/start creeping along traffic a good part of the way and not done over 60mph on clear motorways and I was checking the temp gauge the whole way!
                I stopped off to let her cool down (had some eats) checked the coolant all was fine and there is a sticker on the head that changes colour acccording to the temperature reached a section at a time
                Tony had said it is usual that 2 sections change colour some engines 3 because they run hotter well only one had changed on mine (and after over 150 miles in pretty trying driving conditions it still is only one section)
                so I couldn't resist see what she could do! believe me if the gauge had twitched over the halfway mark I would have stopped let her cool down and checked the coolant before going on but due to the thorough job Tony has done she hasn't chuffed I am! Tonys the main man!

Comment

Working...
                X