LED Dash #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Dash #2

Following on from my Thread last week (Thread 16495) I have just seen these bulbs on a website for 95p each and wondered whether anyone knows if they are a direct swap for the existing bulbs in the dash illumination?

I'd rather not have to rewire anything, as I'd probably end up blowing myself and my truck up.

These bulbs are standard coloured bulbs and not LED's, as Bushwacker said the LED's aren't really suited to illuminate the dash as they give off a beam of light rather than ambient light.

Any thoughts or pictures gratefully received
    Attached Files
    Just Vegging Out

They look a bit long to me?
    I've just ordered these direct replacement bulbs, in blue.....

http://www.the-internet-shop.co.uk/C...led_bulbs.html
    You'll need three of these.

http://www.the-internet-shop.co.uk/C...led_bulbs.html
    and two of these.

Comment

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the reply. Have you included bulbs for the heater illumination as well, or are the five bulbs you have listed just for the dash?

Quite pricey. . .
      Just Vegging Out

Comment

They are just for the dash clocks.
        The heater ones are extremely difficult to get to, I've still got my dash in pieces, so I'll report back later with some pics.

Comment

These are the bulbs you need to replace. The ones circled in red are the smaller direct replacement light fittings, the ones circled in yellow are the replacement bulbs only, they just pull out from the holders.

Comment

L.E.D.s arrived this morning, they needed a bit of modifying to fit, (square peg into a round hole!) fitted them and this is the look now.
            It's back to the drawing board i'm affraid probably order the ones from here,

http://www.streetracerparts.com/inde...n=Custom&ID=21

But I wanted to keep the black faced dials, oh well.......................... ..

P.S. there not as bad as in the pic, it's just that I got a cheapie digicam!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              L.E.D.s arrived this morning, they needed a bit of modifying to fit, (square peg into a round hole!) fitted them and this is the look now.
              It's back to the drawing board i'm affraid probably order the ones from here,

http://www.streetracerparts.com/inde...n=Custom&ID=21

But I wanted to keep the black faced dials, oh well.......................... ..

P.S. there not as bad as in the pic, it's just that I got a cheapie digicam!
              Have a hunt around here, you will find the order form from Street Racer Parts with the correct reference number and price for the Surf (2nd Gen)- our contact is Shaun.

Trev
              Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 20 September 2005, 13:33.
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Yeh thanks Trev, I've got all the info saved to my favorites after all the hard work you put into organising it.
                I'm going to ask them if they can do a black face version, 'cos it's just the didgits that are illuminated isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Yeh thanks Trev, I've got all the info saved to my favorites after all the hard work you put into organising it.
                  I'm going to ask them if they can do a black face version, 'cos it's just the didgits that are illuminated isn't it?
                  The white gauges were made specially for us - until I poked my oar in they hadn't heard of a surf, or a diesel powered 4runner !!!!!

The backs do glow a big but the digits can be lit in either green or blue - general consensus prefers the blue

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                  X