MORE TAX FOR YOUR 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORE TAX FOR YOUR 4x4

Mornining all, have you read the article i todays "NEWS Of THE WORLD " ? It says a new tax has been approved by the goverment for an extra tax of up to £200 on "gas guzzlers" such as 4x4 and sports cars. Claimed at cutting sales of "inefficent" cars that pump out too much toxic gas into the air. The tax-based on a sliding scale would first be paid when the vehicle is bought and registered, then annually with the existing road duty. The yearly payment will also be coupled with road tax cuts targeted at fuel efficent cars. Some buisness vehicles, including farmer's jeeps may be exempt. I have sent e mails to the motoring writer "JAMES FOXHALL" in the "NEWS OF THE WORLD". and to "QUINTEN WILSON" the motoring writer in the "SUNDAY MIRROR". We should make our feelings noted now about this. As a lot of us have now converted to cleaner cheaper fuels ( i.e vedg oil) to help with the polution aswell as our pockets. Any responces to this ? ALF

I thought Viz had more credibility than 'News of the World' ?

Compared to our last mode of transport ; a 1979 VW Type 2 Camper ; the Surf is NOT a gas guzzler !

Alison

Comment

dont believe all you read in the papers or see on TV
      last week there was going to be a fuel protest up and down the country but the only people i saw was the boys in blue and thousands of there cones up and down the road
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

I wouldn't put this stunt past our waste of a Government though, after all they don't think they take enough tax off us at the moment.

If i saw that imbecile Blair in the street i'd smack him.
        French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
          I wouldn't put this stunt past our waste of a Government though, after all they don't think they take enough tax off us at the moment.

well if it happens we will all have to go to our bosses (sorry if self employed) and get a rise in pay to pay for it hey
          then all the bosses in the country can tell mr blair as he dont hear us does he??
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds

Tax ??????? What is that ??? I must be new to this forum as i have never heard that word before !

Tried it in a search. Resulted in 97% of the site. Still don't know what it looks like ! Anyone got a Pic ???
            !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
              Tax ??????? What is that ??? I must be new to this forum as i have never heard that word before !

Tried it in a search. Resulted in 97% of the site. Still don't know what it looks like ! Anyone got a Pic ???
              you spelt it wrong in search box silly try TACKS
              Pops

Comment

LoL !
                !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Working...
                X