12 Disc CD Changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Disc CD Changer

When I got my truck, it's fitted with the original Toyota 12 disc CD changer. I put a few CD's in it, but it failed to work, it kept showing "error". I spoke to a guy at Interpart in Didcot and he reckoned it was a burnt out laser.

The other day I fitted it with 6 CD's, but all it was doing was shuffling them in and out but still not playing any CD's. I then had the idea of taking out the trays that don't have any CD's in and just leaving in the trays that have CD's in them. HEY PRESTO!!!! Now the CD player works perfectly. Don't know why it wouldn't work before, not really bothered now it works.

So if anyone else buys a truck fitted with the 12 disc CD changer and is having the same problems, try this solution, it worked for me.

All I need now is a band expander, and I've got a great stereo system that doesn't need anything doing to it. The tape deck doesn't keep the tape's in, but who needs a tape deck when you have a CD player.

I've got an original tape/cd/radio in mine and at some stage must change over to the 6 disk multi I have sat in the cupboard,oh and the radio only picks up radio 2.
    [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

Comment

If the 12-disc changer is 'original', how come mine has a very touchey single disk one Surely not been down-graded.
      where's this bit go then?

Comment

Originally posted by FISH EAGLE
        I've got an original tape/cd/radio in mine and at some stage must change over to the 6 disk multi I have sat in the cupboard,oh and the radio only picks up radio 2.
        When you get bored of terry wogan get a band expander and it will pick up some more. Mine wont get R4 though which is a bitch when all I want in the morning is news.
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by osker
          If the 12-disc changer is 'original', how come mine has a very touchey single disk one Surely not been down-graded.

Don't know if you have been ripped off mate, but mine is original.

It's got "Toyota" written all over it. The 12 disc multi changer is in the back load area on the nearside. It's model number HDN120, the controler for it is under the radio on the centre console. That is model number RN3000. I think the tape/radio is 55401??? (It's dark outside and the numbers were hard to see on the radio).

My truck is an SSRG, so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it? Is your radio/cd player a Toyota model?

Comment

Mmmmmm........................ .. I may have found out why it wasn't working properly. It's got 8/12 CD Multi Changer on the cover. Maybe it won't take less than 8CD's for it to work. I only put in 6. This requires further investigation, and CD's. More copying of CD's onto blank disc's tomorrow then!!

Comment

Radios etc are all over the place, mine has a double din thing with radio, tape, single cd, TV & Sat Nav. Sadly the sat nav & tv dont work over here. I did find a place that converts them but they said they could only convert factory fit items and mine was a dealer fit acessory, even though it has toyota written on it.
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                Don't know if you have been ripped off mate, but mine is original.

It's got "Toyota" written all over it. The 12 disc multi changer is in the back load area on the nearside. It's model number HDN120, the controler for it is under the radio on the centre console. That is model number RN3000. I think the tape/radio is 55401??? (It's dark outside and the numbers were hard to see on the radio).

My truck is an SSRG, so I don't know whether that has anything to do with it? Is your radio/cd player a Toyota model?
                Mine's definately not a toyota one. Good sound quality though - so not too worried to be honest. Maybe is 'cas you have 'G' model. I do like those recaro seats.... nice.

Comment

Mine's definately not a toyota one. Good sound quality though - so not too worried to be honest. Maybe is 'cas you have 'G' model. I do like those recaro seats.... nice.

Yeah, they are wicked seats, but really hard. The other trouble with them is they are bucket seats (more or less) and I've been looking for seat covers for them, but can't find any that fit.

Comment

Yeah, they are wicked seats, but really hard. The other trouble with them is they are bucket seats (more or less) and I've been looking for seat covers for them, but can't find any that fit.
                    I'm feeling less envious (but only a bit - they look great! )

Comment

Check my truck out. Any pics of yours??

Comment

Check out my truck. Have you got any pictures of yours??
                        Attached Files

Comment

Check out my truck. Have you got any pictures of yours??
                          No pics yet. Need to get it perched dramatically on some mountain somewhere. 'cuse be being thick but where are your pics??

Comment

No pics yet. Need to get it perched dramatically on some mountain somewhere. 'cuse be being thick but where are your pics??
                            Ah!!! Well I swear they weren't there before. **ll0ck5! That's neat. Love tham seats!

Comment

Ah!!! Well I swear they weren't there before. **ll0ck5! That's neat. Love tham seats!
                              Mine's red over grey ...... and we really don't want to go into the colour thing ....

Comment

Working...
                              X