Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they fit and are they UK legal??

Found these on US e-bay

Tuns of stuff for 4runner not available here...but will they fit and will Mr plod like them??

4runner Altezza lights
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

They'll fit and look legal, probably not UK DOT approved, but then not much is anyway.

You can get Altezza lights here in the UK, but its often cheaper to get them in the US, but add up the shipping, import duty and VAT first.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Red Indicators

Thanks Tony
      Are Red indicator lenses a problem on UK roads?..I seem to remember from Starsky and Hutch that tail light indicators in the states blink red or was that Paul Michael Glasers cardigan?
      I could always keep the originals and change out 4 MOT
      Look out! Ee

Comment

If you had red indicators as an original fitment, you may have been o.k.
        But because you are fitting them yourself they are regarded as a modification, and thats I think a No No.

Comment

Scuddy, I was looking at these but the Black version, thought about fitting coloured indicator bulbs in the clear section with seperate tail & stop (brake) in the red section, bit of re-wiring will be needed but it ain't rocket science.

Was then going to fix reverse light & fog light into rear bumper using lights from here lighty lighty link

Should make it nearly legal with the red reflectors around the fog & reverse light

Comment

Amber Altezza

sounds good Rob and not too difficult. I have seen the Altezzas with amber glass in on sale in the US so I'm off to check with the stockist over there...I'll let you now
            Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by Scuddy
              Thanks Tony
              Are Red indicator lenses a problem on UK roads?..I seem to remember from Starsky and Hutch that tail light indicators in the states blink red or was that Paul Michael Glasers cardigan?
              I could always keep the originals and change out 4 MOT
              Toyota's don't use that system anyway, they are the same as in the UK. The top hole is the indicators, you just use amber bulbs.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X