No announcement yet.

New mod on way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure you all know this chaps but watch the fumes if you weld galved stuff - its not nice having a night of 'galv poisoning'

like the idea though - anyone fab up mean ass looking tubular bumpers?

ATB

Chris

Comment

Thats the next plan!
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
        - anyone fab up mean ass looking tubular bumpers?

ATB

Chris
        They are called Patel Protectors round here
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          They are called Patel Protectors round here
          or Number 35 if on telephone hey
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            or Number 35 if on telephone hey
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

We've got a hydraulic pipe bender in the stock room at work, never been used! Does 2" easily.

Give us a shout if you want to borrow it, or you could pop round to the office in Waterlooville and use it there (plus have pleanty more 2" galv in stock should you need to replace a length through over zealous bending... )

After a set of sliders myself too...
              Last edited by Big Jonah; 14 September 2005, 22:19.
              I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jonah
                We've got a hydraulic pipe bender in the stock room at work, never been used! Does 2" easily.

Give us a shout if you want to borrow it, or you could pop round to the office in Waterlooville and use it there (plus have pleanty more 2" galv in stock should you need to replace a length through over zealous bending... )

After a set of sliders myself too...
                Jonah me ol' fruit. Chuck me an email with your number. Will be in touch sunshine

dangalley@hotmail.com
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Couple of thoughts on this, using a hydraulic bender will give very large radius bends, mucj better to fill the pipe with kiln dried sand, heat it up nice and red and bend it hot. That will give a nice ight radius but you will need something serious to heat it in, local blacksmith might be able to help. If you really want to thread it picking up 2" "gutbuster" hand cranked dies should not be a problem, I had one kicking around my garage for years but don't know where it is now. On the subject of heating or welding galv, nasty fumes that make you feel very ill and you will end up chucking up. Drinking milk is a first class antidote if you do. Why not get a bit of 3" tube and just splay cut it at both ends and weld covers over it, then if you want to use it as a slider hammerite it, if for looks then get it chromed or PPC'd.
                  Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                    Couple of thoughts on this, using a hydraulic bender will give very large radius bends,
                    Yes thats the only prob, but I was thinking of outward radiusing the rear of the pipe so I can move the main bar closer to the sill. This way it'll protect the rear arch. But sayin that, if I've managed to get it that far then I've probably beaten the front one off by then!

Which is why I'm using the manufactured bends to keep a tight radius. I could use knuckles which are almost two pieces of pipe cut at 45 deg and welded together, but with bends they sweep in a tight arc.
                    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
                    X