Home at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home at last

Arrived in Italy to discover after car just about stopped, that the two screws holding in the throttle likage had both come out. Take it to Toyota dealer in Italy and then discovered after replacing screws that light on the rev counter was on. Mecanic plugs in diagnostic thingy and says that a sensor has gone. Nothing to do with throttle linkage. Anyway, would take to long to get sensor, so drive all the way back from Italy, with car not doing over 2500 revs even downhill, plus would not go more than 60 MPH. Took 24 hours from door to door, but at least made it. Our Woderkind Tony, not up to well on computers, at least car type, so went to JEM cars and after testing again said it was reading fault 14 which could be one of three or four things. Don't know why they bother with computer diagnostic thingy, Said it may be timing belt or sensor etc. Have booked it in for Tuesday. Has anyone any experience with JEM cars in Colindale? They said timing chain may be missing some teeth. Never heard that one before. Will have new chain and belts anyway, as just gone over 100,000 kms mark.
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Originally posted by Philip
    Arrived in Italy to discover after car just about stopped, that the two screws holding in the throttle likage had both come out. Take it to Toyota dealer in Italy and then discovered after replacing screws that light on the rev counter was on. Mecanic plugs in diagnostic thingy and says that a sensor has gone. Nothing to do with throttle linkage. Anyway, would take to long to get sensor, so drive all the way back from Italy, with car not doing over 2500 revs even downhill, plus would not go more than 60 MPH. Took 24 hours from door to door, but at least made it. Our Woderkind Tony, not up to well on computers, at least car type, so went to JEM cars and after testing again said it was reading fault 14 which could be one of three or four things. Don't know why they bother with computer diagnostic thingy, Said it may be timing belt or sensor etc. Have booked it in for Tuesday. Has anyone any experience with JEM cars in Colindale? They said timing chain may be missing some teeth. Never heard that one before. Will have new chain and belts anyway, as just gone over 100,000 kms mark.
    Thanks Philip
    Ive used Jemcars once, there workshop looks OK but they are very expensive and dont think they are all that clued up.

Comment

I know Gary the owner and Adrian the service manager . If you mention the Forum you get discount that was set up by Koi .

Adrian has a Surf and reads this Forum as I put him on to it so be careful of any 'views' on their costs etc .

JEM did sponsor Jon and me in the Mac 4x4 so we hope to ask them again for next year .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks

Will mention i am on Forum etc.
        Thanks Philip

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        I know Gary the owner and Adrian the service manager . If you mention the Forum you get discount that was set up by Koi .

Adrian has a Surf and reads this Forum as I put him on to it so be careful of any 'views' on their costs etc .

JEM did sponsor Jon and me in the Mac 4x4 so we hope to ask them again for next year .
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
        X