Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree huggers at it again....

http://www.herts24.co.uk/content/com...A36%3A26%3A960

...that doesn't look much like lara newson in her car to me...

I think Greenpeace would be highly understanding of my reasons for wanting a 4x4..

...it's to tow my car to circuits to drive round purely for my own enjoyment.

Thats a valid reason..right?

******s.
    Last edited by Chiko; 10 September 2005, 18:19.
    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

Lets hope they dont where I live cos not only have I got a gas guzzlin 4x4 (with fuel cat very economical) the wife's got a suzi and thats another 4x4 also I drive one of dem big trucks that realy polute the atmosphere and distroy the roads,I sometimes even carry dagerous chemicals too.I recon I must be public enemy no1
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

The irony is - to make good the damage they have caused will require the use of toxic solvents, pigments, oh and lots of burning of fossil fuels to power the power station supplying electricity to the bodyshop ovens - not to mention the gas guzzling garage pick up truck!!!!
        morons!!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

If they engaged their brains for more than tree hugging they might be able to see further than their multi-coloured scarfs!

How did they know that truck wasnt running on a veg oil conversion for instance? You never see them having a go at small under-powered cars on the motorway - isnt there some documentation that cleary outlines the fact that small engined under-powered cars are more inefficient than their big engined brothers when reved lots to keep up?

Im waiting for the day a 4x4 hater says something

Rgds

Ant
          1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
          Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Right then, Not only have we got astronomical fuel prices to prevent us from driving our trucks, we've got the exremists going around vandalising them as well. At the moment it's just scratches and stickers, but thats just the 'thin end of the wedge' It's gonna get worse I reckon and motorists are gonna fight back eventually.
            Somethings gonna give pretty soon and there will be anarchy.

Comment

Just what do they think aircraft use,solar power?

Just when Londons' baddies get worse,then the 'do-gooders' go out and join them.Its definately a no-win city.Glad I'm getting out of it.Comes to it when you dont know who the good guys are anymore.
              CURRY-ER

Comment

That's easy - good guys (and gals) drive Surfs !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
                  Its definately a no-win city.
                  Yep, Thats why I live in the middle of the cheshire plains. Driving a 4x4 is practicly compulsory - although most have less mud on em than mine.

It's a good point about the airplanes. I have the surf for my work, and also my hobby (Working on water treatment works and Medieval Re-enactment) both involve driving over fields with a lot of kit.

But lets say I just wanted it because I wanted it. I pay a serious amount of tax for the privalage, thats how the world works - make choices and pay for them.

Others like to spend their money jetting around the world. It causes a tremendous amount of pollution, and the feul they use is competely untaxed. Something to do with the treaty of chicago, and not wanting to upset the americans.

Now our young trustafarians didn't choose to vandalise a jumbo jet, or even some more modest airline property. could this be because:

a) They're gutless and the car was an easy target
                  b) They haven't a clue how the world works
                  c) mummy pays for them to go ski-ing on an airplane.

Comment

They do kinda have a point about efficient cars in citys, Athens did kinda demonstrate why with its killer smog. But how a 4x4 is an obvious target in London i dont know...
                    http://motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0308_taxi/
                    This efficient engine promises 24 mpg city performance
                    Rarely see a London cab with five people in it so why arent they after them, as efficient surely?
                    Thats before you even start on nearly empty buses and trains at off peak times or how many coal fired power stations it takes to run the ageing Tube network.
                    If they diddnt so blatently mis-direct there protest at an individual vehicle type in such an unintelligent manor people might actually start listening to them, thank god they dont.

But heck, if youve got enough for a Lexus 4x4 im sure she can always go out and get a more efficient v12 Jag and have piece of mind.
                    www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Move to spain peeps, diesel is about 60p a litre and the spanish love there 4x4`s.
                      Ian

Comment

eco ---- wits

If they touched my 4runner, they would be eating hospital food for a few months! You do not vanderlize people property.!

Comment

Working...
                        X