Stereo Wiring for new surf owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Wiring for new surf owner

Can anyone tell me which wiring harness I require to fit a uk stereo into my 1996 3.0 TD SSRG, seen a mention about an MR2 one but having seen a diagram on various web sites, i'm not sure it would fit.

I have six speakers so I assume that my Surf is the one that has the amplifier fitted behind the dash. Don't know what it looks like though so can't say for sure.

Aliitle confused about thewhole powered speakers issue so any help would be apprciated and especially an autoleads part no.

Have had my surf around three weeks now and I'm thoroughly thrilled with it.
    As soon as the wether lets me get some polish on her I'll post pics.

If anyone in any doubt about buying one then just spend ya hard earned you wont regret it.

She's a bit thirsty but the insurance is half the price of my previous motor so are the tyres and i can't imagine the servicing costs will be any where near that of a BMW so all in all think ive broke even.

By the way, its a blue over silver model which seems to be faster than any other ive com across on the motorway.
    [COLOR=Orange][Size=4] I dropped in super l

Confused. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16347

Comment

Confused

Originally posted by andy
      Andy

Still confused which harness required. One for mr2? one for sale in forum shop? with respect to 1996 ssrg and six speaker amps etc. more i read the more confused ive become.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer++Dude
        Andy

Still confused which harness required. One for mr2? one for sale in forum shop? with respect to 1996 ssrg and six speaker amps etc. more i read the more confused ive become.
        yes

the 6 speakers aren't all connected to the stereo... 4 run trough a xover
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          yes

the 6 speakers aren't all connected to the stereo... 4 run trough a xover
          which question does the yes refer to?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer++Dude
            which question does the yes refer to?
            how many questions did you ask??

have you looked in the forum shop?
            that adaptor will fit.

or you could use crimps, connector block or solder if you prefer.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You're right............

.................BLUE is faster, as for the wiring, someone had made a complete arse of mine when fitting the previous stereo! So when I came to fit my new stereo, decided to match the connecting block that came with it, to one in halfords and when I'd finished I had no spare wires from the loom in the surf so all was well. Mine only has 4 speakers though.

Hope you enjoy your surf as much as I am mine, it really is da bomb!!

Comment

Working...
              X