Raising money for the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising money for the forum

As I am a newbie I dont know whether you do this or not,I used to spend a lot of time on a football club forum every year they would meet up (usually xmas) and have an auction,as people came fom all walks of life they would either acquire something from work or something that they made that could be auctioned off.All monies went to the site.

Just a thought
    [SIZE=5]A bad days fishing is better than a good days work[/SIZE]

Sounds dodgy

The idea sounds good but its the specifics of " acquire something from work" that needs to be worked on. People might think youre encouraging them to nick stuff and heaven forbid but Im sure none of us would dream of being associated with that.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

it's called "product evaluation"!!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

normally make a £10 contribution [gives extra benefits] or more if you wish. In the past we have had a calendar put together and so on.
        Gaz

Comment

Product Evaluation

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          it's called "product evaluation"!!!
          I remember my old man evaluating all sorts of tools from the building sites he worked on, but I was never sure how you could be evaluating something that the trade had used for donkeys years and which everyone else in the world semed to know worked very well. I asume he was just the extra cautious type and wanted to satisfy himself of their usefulness in different environments.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

when i was on the buildings we had the boss round, and he sat looking at a fire place made from exactly the same stone sand cement and wood as the place we were building at the time and he never remarked on the coincidence...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              when i was on the buildings we had the boss round, and he sat looking at a fire place made from exactly the same stone sand cement and wood as the place we were building at the time and he never remarked on the coincidence...
              he also didn't remark on the coincidence of it being a fire place made from exactly the same stone sand cement and wood as the fire place he had just had put in for his wife at home...
              The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

nah he was the boss therefore an idle git
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No doubt there will be another SURF calender for next year which has helped raise money for this great FORUM.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X