CD/Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/Radio

Want to replace original radio with a CD/Radio & changer but do not want to start cutting holes in dash, anyyone offer advise on which system fits straight in.

Also, a hedge recently buggered my electric aerial, where can I get replacement.
    cheers
    Steve

Originally posted by stephen woodward
    Want to replace original radio with a CD/Radio & changer but do not want to start cutting holes in dash, anyyone offer advise on which system fits straight in.

Also, a hedge recently buggered my electric aerial, where can I get replacement.
    cheers
    Steve
    if it,s a double din unit these arent bad for the price
    http://www.tgincar.co.uk/cdpallinoneunits.htm
    Last edited by kiowa; 7 September 2005, 16:24.
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

cheers
      Steve
      Any double or single din radio will fit, just remove as in this write up. http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

You can get an aerial from the forum shop.

Comment

any sigle din cd/radio will do, with a single din cubby hole to fill the gap, but you ned to remove bottom half of the dash to fit it. much easier than it sounds.. ariels are available from the shop on here
        how come they can type quicker and more acuarately than me????
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          ariels are available from the shop on here
          how come they can type quicker and more acuarately than me????
          that's cos ariels are smarter than us normal humans!!!
          Dave

Comment

cheers
            Steve
            Hey Steve, I had a changer in my surf...well a few actually, the dash is now fixed with quick-release pins..hehehe On a 2nd gen for the head unit you will need to remove the dash cage from around the unit and the little fascia trim from the front and get 4 of those real small dumpy screws to fix the unit to the dash bracket. (better buy a dozen or so screws 4 to fix and 8 to drop down the side of the seats---nah, just me then ) You can buy a little letter-box type compartment from Toyota to fix underneath instead of a gaping hole. As for the aerial, I fitted a universal electric aerial but remember to keep the outer wing rubber mount because of the shape - there's not one in the kit to match the contour of your wing..HTH

Comment

Working...
            X