great surf broke already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevehulluk
    the hilux is back outside my house now, just had it picked up from toyota, now hunting & waiting for a rear axle. here's the last laugh, the tow truck i sent came back with a gleaming white hilux pick up that toyota gave him & not my truck how stupid can they be, they even give him the keys for it idiots

Mate, I feel really sorry for you. What a nightmare. I wouldn't think you need to change the whole axle, not if it hasn't been damaged. Just rip out the whole diff and half shafts and re-fit with new ones.

Comment

that has already been done when jedi had it, been advised to change the full rear axle i don't trust it its dodgy.getting quotes off people today, 4 people have rang already saying they have one, so should be back on the road soon hopefully
      hi dudes

Comment

Lets hope so?? I bought my Surf a few weeks before I saw your's for sale. I said to my mate that it looked really good and wish I'd bought it.

Maybe the axle is bent somehow. When you fit the new one, if you can afford it, change all the rubber bushes for new ones. That way it should last a long time before you have to do anything to it again. I reconditioned all my axles on my Defender 2 yrs ago. About 4mths later I broke the front offside half shaft. It went at the diff end. I had to strip the whole offside down to the axle casing and take the diff out, I was gutted. After all the work I had done to rebuild the axles, I had to do it all again on the front offside, along with having to buy new seals etc. I know how it feels.

Comment

it really is a nice truck, was fuming at first with jedi but its just a bit of bad luck i suppose. asked him for £100 towards the repairs but he refered to me bad driving it, i've got a 8 month old son who i adore to bits and would never risk his life in a car so i'm hardly going to driving it hard. but i should of realised that he wouldn't give £100 as a goodwill gesture because i asked him to send the spare key & toad alarm fob key by special delivery & that i would pay the postage for the delivery. he went & shoved a first class stamp on it instead & posted it after me handing over £5,500 cash in his hand. for petes sake they could have got lost in the post, then i would have had more money to pay out. thats why i'm so determined to get the truck back working to cheer myself up. i've been on theses forums for years & always participated thoroughly. i guess i've just had a bad experience. so does this site organise events etc then??
          hi dudes

Comment

STEVE keep your eyes peeled in the GREENLANING & OFFROAD SECTIONS for events as they are often in there.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

cheers dude, will keep my eyes peeled. lisa & me always up for a drive out with the kiddies
              hi dudes

Comment

Us NORTHERN FOLK are arranging another CAMPOUT including a day out at LANGDALE QUEST in JUNE next year not to far from you. So keep your eyes peeled for that one.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by stevehulluk
                  it really is a nice truck, was fuming at first with jedi but its just a bit of bad luck i suppose. asked him for £100 towards the repairs but he refered to me bad driving it, i've got a 8 month old son who i adore to bits and would never risk his life in a car so i'm hardly going to driving it hard. but i should of realised that he wouldn't give £100 as a goodwill gesture because i asked him to send the spare key & toad alarm fob key by special delivery & that i would pay the postage for the delivery. he went & shoved a first class stamp on it instead & posted it after me handing over £5,500 cash in his hand. for petes sake they could have got lost in the post, then i would have had more money to pay out. thats why i'm so determined to get the truck back working to cheer myself up. i've been on theses forums for years & always participated thoroughly. i guess i've just had a bad experience. so does this site organise events etc then??

Hi Mate,

I'm really sorry about what's happened. I can't comment on this dude Jedi, as I haven't had anything to do with him. But what I can say from my point of view is that he was advertising his truck on here for sale. He got a fellow forum member to buy it and it went wrong less than a week after you bought it. You paid cash as well.

Now, all I can say is that if that was me, I would have given you half the money towards the cost of the repair. I mean it's just the done thing. It's just the decent thing to do. You don't sell a truck for that sort of cash and not help out considering you haven't had it a week. As far as bad driving goes, I find it hard to believe you would be hammering the truck when you have only had it a few days. I certainly drive my vehicles with care for at least a few months, to get to know the sounds and feel before I even consider giving them a bit of stick (that's if you have to). Maybe the damage was done before you got it????

I spent 8yrs in the Army as a Driver. I have hammered, and when I say hammered, I really do mean thrash the hell out of Land Rovers, Trucks, bikes etc,etc. I can't remember any occasion when a half shaft broke.

As far as the keys go, special delivery only costs a few quid!!

I think there is a moral to this story, and you know the answer to that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Hi Mate,

I'm really sorry about what's happened. I can't comment on this dude Jedi, as I haven't had anything to do with him. But what I can say from my point of view is that he was advertising his truck on here for sale. He got a fellow forum member to buy it and it went wrong less than a week after you bought it. You paid cash as well.

Now, all I can say is that if that was me, I would have given you half the money towards the cost of the repair. I mean it's just the done thing. It's just the decent thing to do. You don't sell a truck for that sort of cash and not help out considering you haven't had it a week. As far as bad driving goes, I find it hard to believe you would be hammering the truck when you have only had it a few days. I certainly drive my vehicles with care for at least a few months, to get to know the sounds and feel before I even consider giving them a bit of stick (that's if you have to). Maybe the damage was done before you got it????

I spent 8yrs in the Army as a Driver. I have hammered, and when I say hammered, I really do mean thrash the hell out of Land Rovers, Trucks, bikes etc,etc. I can't remember any occasion when a half shaft broke.

As far as the keys go, special delivery only costs a few quid!!

I think there is a moral to this story, and you know the answer to that!!!

thanks for the comments guys as i have already explained due to the fact that my daughter has just died i have other things on my mind than a f*****g truck and a key but thanks anyway suppose a key is more important than sorting out funeral arrangements

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
                      thanks for the comments guys as i have already explained due to the fact that my daughter has just died i have other things on my mind than a f*****g truck and a key but thanks anyway suppose a key is more important than sorting out funeral arrangements
                      Relax Daz, Nobody's else is have a dig, Your not a dealer, you don't have any obligation once the truck is gone, and as long as you sold it honestly and werrn't aware of any problems with the truck, you've done your bit. Steve is understandably down, but thats life, things break.

No one should be expressing an opinion on your honesty, unless they delt with you directly. Not just reading a rambling thread on a forum.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Relax Daz, Nobody's else is have a dig, Your not a dealer, you don't have any obligation once the truck is gone, and as long as you sold it honestly and werrn't aware of any problems with the truck, you've done your bit. Steve is understandably down, but thats life, things break.

No one should be expressing an opinion on your honesty, unless they delt with you directly. Not just reading a rambling thread on a forum.
                        cheers mate as im sure you can understand i dont know wich way is up at the moment and i honestly had no idea the truck was gonna break i loved it and looked after it i just couldnt be done with phone calls about it while we where in hospital and trying to sort things out sorry if i offended anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

jedi we all have problems in life, lets just end this bickering because i can't be chewed with it. if i had a problem with you i have your address, my point was you blatantly pushed my views to the side after handing over £5,500 in cash in your hands ( which i'm quite sure you was happy with ). the truck is everything i want & it will be taken good care of by me. all i did was ask for a lousy £100 to pay towards the cost of the damage which is going to cost me a hell of a lot more. as for your bereavment i have already exspressed how deeply sorry i was to you & your family when i came to buy the vehicle from you & you seemed a very nice guy stood in front of me. as soon as lisa,my son & me drove away your attitude changed. but whatever you will be i wish you all the best to your family & you for the future & in this difficult time
                          hi dudes

Comment

Working...
                          X