Hello Chaps/Chappesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Chaps/Chappesses

My first posting to this site, looks informative and friendly, so hello everyone.
    Looking at a Hilux Surf Automatic 3.0SSR-X 1993 local to me at a dealers; 70000 miles, spotless, SVA'd, 4 new tyres, 1 years MOT etc etc. Do you think that the £4695 price tag is about right for this vehicle? Appreciate that you can't see the vehicle or anything but, I am a complete novice to this.
    Any nightmares to watch out for?
    Steveo.......
    Last edited by steveo999; 1 September 2005, 14:45.

welcome stevo, a newbie like me. i've just bought jedi's hilux surf, awesome beast. sold my scoob for it
    hi dudes

Comment

Originally posted by steveo999
      My first posting to this site, looks informative and friendly, so hello everyone.
      Looking at a Hilux Surf Automatic 3.0SSR-X local to me at a dealers; 70000 miles, spotless, SVA'd, 4 new tyres, 1 years MOT etc etc. Do you think that the £4695 price tag is about right for this vehicle? Appreciate that you can't see the vehicle or anything but, I am a complete novice to this.
      Any nightmares to watch out for?
      Steveo.......
      hi and welcome steve that don't seem to be a bad price for a 3ltr but what year is it.don't 4get to put some pics up when you get it and it looks better with mud on ot aswell
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Richard,
        Have edited post now, it's a 1993.......

Comment

as long as your happy with it and everything is working ok.take it for a really good test drive and try to haggle the price you never know you may get it down a bit more

Comment

hi and welcome steve
            sounds a good price mate if your happy with it and all the gadgets work
            give it a test drive and if your lower face starts to feel strange, its ok thats the surfers GRIN setting in (no cure found so far)
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              thats the surfers GRIN setting in (no cure found so far)
              Try telling that to 'Snoop' I think his has momenterily slipped!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Try telling that to 'Snoop' I think his has momenterily slipped!
                no he was still grinning when we left him, was like an grin
                poor guys they got home safe tho
                and he now knows where the oil pressure, and water temperature gauges are now too
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Being a 1993 it does not require a SVA test, but seems a good price.

Comment

Chamone
                    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Hi Andy,
                      I thought that insuring it might be a bit easier but my ins. co (commercial vehicle direct) want to see a copy of the SVA paperwork before changing my policy over. This vehicle will replace my old Vauxhall Combo.
                      Where can I get info on the fact that it didn't need SVA'ing?
                      Steveo.....

Comment

Hi steveo, as Andy said it does'nt need an SVA because it the trucks age.
                        Plus it's got a full MOT so I would have thought that would be more proof anyway.
                        Just a thought, are you insuring your truck as a commercial vehicle then? 'cos mine is classed as an estate car!

p.s Your insurance company should know about SVA's any way!

Comment

It needs to be insured as a commercial to keep it as an asset of my limited plumbing company (tax reasons,depreciation against tax, personal tax burdens etc).
                          I'm lusting after this Surf but I can only find 2 quotes so far: Tesco on a private car basis £464.00 Fully comp and Norwich union (not got back to me yet) as a commercial. (think of a number and double it!!) If I'm using it for business and crash on a private insurance policy im in a mucking fuddle!!

Comment

give lifesure a try i got the wifes celica insured with them as she has to use it for work going to and fro clients tel.no.0870 366 1235

Comment

Originally posted by steveo999
                              Hi Andy,
                              I thought that insuring it might be a bit easier but my ins. co (commercial vehicle direct) want to see a copy of the SVA paperwork before changing my policy over. This vehicle will replace my old Vauxhall Combo.
                              Where can I get info on the fact that it didn't need SVA'ing?
                              Steveo.....
                              If it was over 10 years old when it was imported it does not need a SVA test.

Comment

Working...
                              X