• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scubasurf
    Hi all

I've finally got some Pics of my surf

have a look at the engine. I think you may find it interesting

any question send me a PM or email

this kit is fitted to my 3.0lt so I'm looking for someone with a 2.4 who wouldn't miss the surf for a couple of week to develop a kit for them.

Robin
    Looks good Rob. You can borrow mine if I can borrow yours.
    Mind you could you make one to fit a 1st gen 2.4 lt ????
    See you in Norfolk.

sumo.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Hi. Interesting idea!
      How lean does the intercooler make the mixture? Does the 2.4 engine not auto adjust to a leaner mixture (sensor)?
      How about a smaller intercooler thus less dense air but a small cooling effect?

Surprised the surf isn't intercooled as standard. Would have helped with the 2.4 cooling and cracking heads!

Comment

Ive a 3.0l and would be interested use mine for towing a van so the extra torque would be great aswell as the extra ummmmmmmmmmmmmmphhhhhhh but i have a extra cooler for the auto box fitted just about where the intercooler is bolted to yours is that the only probable fixing point or could it be modified more.#
        Dave
        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf
          the scoop on the top means that your have to do some body work and also you get all the heat from the engine. you still end up with some turbo lag so it not worth it. the mount is under the rad see image

yes we are making the kit.

it's a bit new so I'm not sure of the price. I need a 2.4 to play with because we only have a 3.0 lt kit

OK we record 80 c drop in inlet temp. the MPG is about 25 urban, acceleration better massive torque improvement.

I'm going to the mid norfolk (sumo's event) you can have a look then
          Hi,

What is the latest situation regards design, availibility (1995 3.0L KZN130) and cost?

Regards
          Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=Scubasurf]Hi all

may i ask were you obtained the blue pipes.... would love some of them on my 3rg gen......
            the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

got all my silicone stuff from ebay
              i have a 1metre length so if people need short joins i can sell little bits
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you know the sizes you can go straight to Samco, or possibly Pirtek or anyone else that makes silicone hoses, and order in a variety of colours.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

g/box cooler.

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                  Ive a 3.0l and would be interested use mine for towing a van so the extra torque would be great aswell as the extra ummmmmmmmmmmmmmphhhhhhh but i have a extra cooler for the auto box fitted just about where the intercooler is bolted to yours is that the only probable fixing point or could it be modified more.#
                  Dave
                  HI Firefly,
                  where did you get the g/box cooler if you fitted it yourself, or was it done for you and by whom? I am in the same situation, I tow a biggish van, and am a 'newbie', just got the Surf last week, its a beaut! I don't want to cook the box so intend to get a cooler fiited. Last auto I had boiled the box b4 I got a cooler fitted. How much did it cost if you don't mind, feel free to email me.
                  The turbo intercooler sounds a good mod, but as you say, it may clash with the cooler rad! Anyone any views on that. Mine is a 3ltr. ssrg '96.
                  Swampy.

Comment

Any help?
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...mission+cooler

Comment

Intercooler.

Originally posted by Scubasurf View Post
                      Hi all

this kit is fitted to my 3.0lt so I'm looking for someone with a 2.4 who wouldn't miss the surf for a couple of week to develop a kit for them.

Robin

I am definately up for this if you decide to put a kit together, possibly the location of the scoop could be left to optional pending circumstance, as Firefly points out he has a g/box cooler fitted and the rad is 'down there!'.
                      As the intercooler is a 3rd gen. option, does anybody know if this can be already obtained 'off the shelf' anywhere?

Swampy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf View Post
                        Hi all

Robin
                        Originally posted by swampy View Post
                        I am definately up for this if you decide to put a kit together, possibly the location of the scoop could be left to optional pending circumstance, as Firefly points out he has a g/box cooler fitted and the rad is 'down there!'.
                        As the intercooler is a 3rd gen. option, does anybody know if this can be already obtained 'off the shelf' anywhere?

Swampy.
                        Swampy the top post you refer to is over 4 years old
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          riveting stuff bushwacker, or 'cool man', better said! Yea, this is big help! I'm still in the 'wow, is this really my truck man?' stage, just got
                          the beaut this week, and nobody has as yet been able to get the smile off a my face.!
                          '96 reg 3L turbo ssrg, auto, and if you took the plates off you would swear it was only 3years old, if that! £3500, what a bargain and what I drive! I don't know where to start with the servicing, always used the Haynes's, but I've heard they are pants, any suggestions, I like to have a book in front of me. I've heard that you can get a translation of the service manuals. I've got one for the engine, but I hope I won't need that!
                          Swampy.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Swampy the top post you refer to is over 4 years old
                            Aw, s#*t man, what a bummer, what's happening on the intercooler front then does anybody know?

One very dumb Swampy!

Comment

Originally posted by swampy View Post
                              riveting stuff bushwacker, or 'cool man', better said! Yea, this is big help! I'm still in the 'wow, is this really my truck man?' stage, just got
                              the beaut this week, and nobody has as yet been able to get the smile off a my face.!
                              '96 reg 3L turbo ssrg, auto, and if you took the plates off you would swear it was only 3years old, if that! £3500, what a bargain and what I drive! I don't know where to start with the servicing, always used the Haynes's, but I've heard they are pants, any suggestions, I like to have a book in front of me. I've heard that you can get a translation of the service manuals. I've got one for the engine, but I hope I won't need that!
                              Swampy.
                              I've had my truck just on a year now and still feel the same. I got a Max Ellery manual for the 96 on Prado, it covers all the Surf mechanicals, fault finding and wiring diagrams. Got it off Amazon for about 17 quid.
                              Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                I've had my truck just on a year now and still feel the same. I got a Max Ellery manual for the 96 on Prado, it covers all the Surf mechanicals, fault finding and wiring diagrams. Got it off Amazon for about 17 quid.
                                seen something today on one of the 4x4 parts web sites for about twenty quid, seems ok, I may take the plunge and get one, Rough Trax, I think, any one any advice on that one?
                                Swampy.

Comment

Working...
                                X