What's in a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a name

Seeing the pets theme - thought this might be fun for the weekend post whores etc

I love the names people give their pets, and how they get them - so what's yours called and why?

The cat's 'real' name is some posh pedigree name (I forget what it is) Morgana so we just call her Morgan cos I liked that name - and it's Welsh.

The hell hound is Fostebrie Careless Wispa - shortened to Pagan cos the mob liked it as it's got a sort of Celtic ring to it.

see there is some sort of link there!!
    Dave

Originally posted by Draig
    Seeing the pets theme - thought this might be fun for the weekend post whores etc

I love the names people give their pets, and how they get them - so what's yours called and why?

The cat's 'real' name is some posh pedigree name (I forget what it is) Morgana so we just call her Morgan cos I liked that name - and it's Welsh.

The hell hound is Fostebrie Careless Wispa - shortened to Pagan cos the mob liked it as it's got a sort of Celtic ring to it.

see there is some sort of link there!!
    Mine is called Sooty.
    Which I believe is short for "Oi you little black sh** get off that table", or at least that is what he understands it to mean.

Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

We have three dogs..................
      Calon .........Welsh for heart, because its God's Country and thats where he came from.
      Mysti .........Because she's a Grey
      Cash .............Because his KC name is Coin Collector

I know I'm a sad man

John
      [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
      [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by rockey
        We have three dogs..................
        Calon .........Welsh for heart, because its God's Country and thats where he came from. - like it mate - too true

Mysti .........Because she's a Grey
        Cash .............Because his KC name is Coin Collector - that's funny

I know I'm a sad man

John
        Dave

Comment

Whats In A Name

Our dog NYX.
          Terrie called her that because its GREEK for GODDESS of the DARKNESS.
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

We have James thats what his mother called him, but we call him jim for short. don't you think he's cute.

we have Liberty or libby came in to our house on july 4th hence name previously known as dotty but never awnserd to it so changed it.

Then we have cosmo/cos but more often....... you big fat clumsy piece of s**te because he's so clumsy.
            Attached Files
            [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
              We have James thats what his mother called him, but we call him jim for short. don't you think he's cute.

we have Liberty or libby came in to our house on july 4th hence name previously known as dotty but never awnserd to it so changed it.

Then we have cosmo/cos but more often....... you big fat clumsy piece of s**te because he's so clumsy.
              WOULD NOT USE WORD CUTE FOR A DOG. !!!!!!!!!
              is it not time for jims walkies, to the pub this time
              Pops

Comment

We got ours from an animal rescue centre and they had already been named.

Titines - spanish for little socks, she has white paws

Cosquillas (cosky) - spanish for ticklish, which she isn't
                I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                  WOULD NOT USE WORD CUTE FOR A DOG. !!!!!!!!!
                  is it not time for jims walkies, to the pub this time

no he can't have to much beer it will make him sick
                  [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Dogs :- Gemma and Poppy - that's what they were called when I got them. More normally called Black Dog, and Floppy Poppy, cause Gemma is Black and Poppy flops about a lot...

Horses:- Cassie & Kelsie. Both picked 'cause I liked 'em.

Budgie - Danny - because my mum had a very friendly tame blue budgie when she was a kid, and I hoped it would encourage my blue budgie to be friendly and tame too. Unfortunately he's too smart and is only tame when you are feeding him, the rest of the time he bites you

Cockatiel - Marlie. Cause she is a grey cockatiel, Marl is another word for grey.... She is very very tame and NEVER bites...

Fish - FRED. Cause I was 10 when I named him and it seemed like a good idea at the time. We have since had cause to believe he's actually a she.. ooops!
                    Last edited by Linda; 21 November 2003, 17:30.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ems and Jim
                      no he can't have to much beer it will make him sick
                      sorry jim I TRIED
                      Pops

Comment

What like this .

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                          What like this .
                          THATS NEVER JIM is it?
                          Pops

Comment

Think we might have chosen a name for our impending puppy arrival! As she's a spanish water dog we wanted something spanish sounding. When I was picking up some stuff in a garden centre I passed one of those stands where you press a mini album cover and get to hear a blat of dolphins etc. there was one with a flamenco guitar on it so I read the track listing and there was one called "Madelena". So we've gone for Maddy unless anyone has a better suggestion!

Comment

EMS : you gotta tidy that bedroom!

LINDA : How old's the goldfish?? not saying your old or owt, but i thought they only lasted a couple of years if your lucky!!

PURPLEDORIS : sure that's not macarena??

i don't talk to my cat cos he's black.
                              had a dog called pup, when we got another we called him pup so the older one was then called big pup!
                              had a cat called jimmy cos my grandad called everyone jimmy!
                              got a gourami fish called heidi, cos it hides a lot (others don't have names!)

and incidentally, my sister's named after a blue peter dog!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X