yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.4 td, adding diesel to manifold to get better emission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 td, adding diesel to manifold to get better emission?

Been talking to a K reg 2.4 owner this morning, he assured me between the dashboard and the engine there's a valve which feed the manifold with fuel so that the emission is cleaner (tight control in Japan apparently), how can this be possible? He also claim if you put a small ball bearing in it, fuel economy will gets better.

Is he having me on?

Search on this site for EGR... all will be revealed.

Comment

Thanks. I'm more confused than before I started......

Comment

Have a look at this pic. the yellow arrow is poiting to the EGR valve, and you put the ball bearing up the rubber hose after you have pulled it off.
        Or, you could just bend it in half and cable ziptie it shut as in the pic.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/att...achmentid=2565

Fuel economy improvments are debatable, but I did get a small increase in power.

Comment

Originally posted by Newboy
          Been talking to a K reg 2.4 owner this morning, he assured me between the dashboard and the engine there's a valve which feed the manifold with fuel so that the emission is cleaner (tight control in Japan apparently), how can this be possible? He also claim if you put a small ball bearing in it, fuel economy will gets better.

Is he having me on?
          It's not fuel but exhaust gas which is recirculated.EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculation.It's supposed to cool combustion temperatures to reduce exhaust gas emissions.

Toyota do have a new diesel engine which has 5 injectors on a 4 cylinder.The fifth injector is on the exhaust manifold and injects a small amount of fuel to reduce emissions but that is an entirely different engine.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X