Service Intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Intervals

I have just been reading about this on this site. Iwas told by a dealer that the 1997 ssrx 3.0 TD I am thinking of buying should have a main service every year with an oil change every 6 months.

Read here that it should have 2 services a year plus oil change every 3000 miles.Can someone advise me please .May be I am confusing different models?

Is oil change an easy diy job?

I love the Surf and realize fuel costs will be high but did 'nt realize that service costs wiold be so great.

Originally posted by misterg
    I have just been reading about this on this site. Iwas told by a dealer that the 1997 ssrx 3.0 TD I am thinking of buying should have a main service every year with an oil change every 6 months.

Read here that it should have 2 services a year plus oil change every 3000 miles.Can someone advise me please .May be I am confusing different models?

Is oil change an easy diy job?

I love the Surf and realize fuel costs will be high but did 'nt realize that service costs wiold be so great.

For an oil change I've set between 6000 - 10000 miles.
    Doing an oil change on these is the simplest of jobs. Just make sure you have a new oil filter handy
    Gaz

Comment

Thats about right, oil change is easy to DIY if you want to save money, wouldn't leave it more than 5000miles an oil change, if you do nothing else, clean oil is the best thing you can do for ANY engine.

Depends on mileage more than months, but once a year is the very maximum I'd be wanting to drive any car without a check over for brakes and stuff.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

oil change every 10,000 kilometers is what I do. filter set from Milners etc - easy.
        Dave

Comment

service intervals

Thanks for the replies.

On the basis of my mileage of about 9-10k miles per year it seems as if I can get away with a proper service once a year with oil and filter change evrey 6 months .

Is this reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
            oil change every 10,000 kilometers is what I do. filter set from Milners etc - easy.

Do Milners oil filters have a one-way-vave fitted?? I spoke to the parts guy at Toyota, and he said the oil filters have a special one-way-valve built into them??

Comment

not sure but loads of us use them with no probs... I pretty sure the Rougtrax ones do have the valve, Ive used both and no worries.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
              X