Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

I've been having a problem with my rear window not opening or closing, so having found a massive amount of useful information about the topic on this forum, I had a go at greasing and spraying the mechanism to see if this would fix it.

Doing this has proven to me that there is nothing wrong with the mechanics, as the window will still raise and lower with a bit (lot) of persuasion. However, the problem is by no means fixed.

I have a feeling that the motor is on its last legs, and just doesn't have the strength or will to work the window. It also can't get to the point where when the window is down fully, the little switch is depressed which is assume stops the motor and unloocks the tailgate.

Just wondering if this assumption would be correct. If I need to get another motor, what do I need to get?

And why are there so few Surfs in the Midlands?! The only one I see around is my mate's, and I'd wave to him anyway!

Just Vegging Out

You can get window motors here....

http://www.milneroffroad.com/LN130.htm

Comment

if you have a look on ebay there is a surf on there which is for spares take a look and see if he will sell the motor
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The motor is the same as that fitted to the windows of corollas and a few others, can't remember if you need the l/h or the r/h one tho. Its in a few threads somewhere..... or someone else will likely remember and chip in....
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

almost certain it was the passenger morr

Comment

Got a Motor

Thanks to you all for the fast replies.
            I've just been contacted by a breakers yard through 24/7 parts and he's dropping a Corrolla p/s window motor round tonight for the princely sum of £20.00

I reckon that should sort it out.

Thanks again everyone.

Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              almost certain it was the passenger morr
              yes tiz got an L on it
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                yes tiz got an L on it
                the actual motors are the same, it's just the gear on it that's sided... so it it's the wrong one, just put the gear off the original on on it or reverse the wiring so it goes backwards.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Unfortunately, I was let down by the breakers yard, and I am still without a motor. I am thinking of using the rear window motor until I get another one. Just wondering if anyone knows whether the rear window motor will be able to operate the passenger rear window in its current condition?

Since the windows are much lighter, I thought maybe the less powerful rear window motor might find it easier to wind the p/s window down.

The motor on the rear window isn't broken, its just straining with the weight of the tailgate window, so in theory, a lighter window should be ok for it.

Thoughts anyone?
                  Just Vegging Out

Comment

just a thought before you swap them over(good idea, by the way..) have you checked the earth in the tailgate? dodgy earths can give a wierd variety of problems and are a swine to find...
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No I haven't checked it. Any idea where the earth is situated before I spend hours trying to locate it?

Thanks
                      Just Vegging Out

Comment

sorry havent a clue! fixed mine with a bit of lube on the runners. good luck.
                        all the relays are behind the side panel, passengers side, might be in there..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

What year Corolla if you don't mind me askin'?
                          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Damian]What year Corolla if you don't mind me askin'?[/QUO

not sure of the year but i suppose it would be from a corolla of the same sort of age as your surf

and also a Diahatsu 4Trak rear window motor is supposed to be the same.
                            this was taken from a previous thread so i'm not sure if this will fit or not

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
                              What year Corolla if you don't mind me askin'?
                              i found the best one was one with electric windows sorry could not resist
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X