Boats not trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats not trucks

One for the boat owners on the forum, (I know threre's a few of us on here). Does anyone know what I could use to re-inforce my hull where it hits the shore when off-loading passengers as I'm fed-up with constantly filling and sanding the gel coat, and before its suggested I've tried telling them to roll up their trousers and get their feet wet!
    [COLOR=red]Cheers, Darren.

POLITITIANS AND NAPPIES:-
    THEY BOTH NEED CHANGING FOR THE SAME REASON![/COLOR]

Originally posted by Wakesurfer
    One for the boat owners on the forum, (I know threre's a few of us on here). Does anyone know what I could use to re-inforce my hull where it hits the shore when off-loading passengers as I'm fed-up with constantly filling and sanding the gel coat, and before its suggested I've tried telling them to roll up their trousers and get their feet wet!
    Next time you repair it put a 1" strip of aluminium around the bow/keel. something like a strip for putting on carpets at a door. If that makes sense
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

I thought about putting a bit of aly on but it would be a real ball ache trying to shape it to fit the curves of the hull, what I need is something a little more malliable (spelling?) Surely others must have encountered the same problem.

Comment

I thought about putting a bit of aly on but it would be a real ball ache trying to shape it to fit the curves of the hull, what I need is something a little more malliable (spelling?) Surely others must have encountered the same problem.
        WHAT ABOUT RUBBER, wont react to seawater. easy to fit.
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Rubber? Maybe, but its gotta look ok too as the bit that strikes the shore is out of the water when the boat is moving, and I dont think I could get paint to adhere to rubber.

Comment

Rubber? Maybe, but its gotta look ok too as the bit that strikes the shore is out of the water when the boat is moving, and I dont think I could get paint to adhere to rubber.
            HOW ABOUT PLASTIC THEN comes in all colours!!!!!!!
            Pops

Comment

Plastic is what I was thinking about but I was wondering if there was a specific product on the market.

Comment

Plastic is what I was thinking about but I was wondering if there was a specific product on the market.
                what sort of boat you got,
                i home on sick, and bored i will do some searching for you.
                Pops

Comment

Cheers Martin, I've looked myself but cant find owt. My boat is a Four Winns 19'6" sportsboat. Maybe I should just be more carefull!
                  Sorry to hear you're unwell.

Comment

Cheers Martin, I've looked myself but cant find owt. My boat is a Four Winns 19'6" sportsboat. Maybe I should just be more carefull!
                    Sorry to hear you're unwell.
                    hambys protector keel protector boat accessories bow protector
                    try this one mate
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
                      hambys protector keel protector boat accessories bow protector
                      try this one mate
                      Hamby's Light Duty
                      wont come up as a link give us your e-mail address mate and i'll E it to you
                      Pops

Comment

Thanks Martin, thats exactly what I'm after however Hambys are a Canadian company so I searched for a UK company making something similar, unfortunately the only one I found costs £190 for a 10ft strip! So as I have to fork out for insurance and storage this month I think I'll be going down the DIY route!

Comment

Thanks Martin, thats exactly what I'm after however Hambys are a Canadian company so I searched for a UK company making something similar, unfortunately the only one I found costs £190 for a 10ft strip! So as I have to fork out for insurance and storage this month I think I'll be going down the DIY route!
                          anytime darren, least you got idea what you need to do now mate.
                          Pops

Comment

Cant you just use some self expanding foam and S Glass/ epoxy mixture ?
                            kinda like the way a wake / kitesurf board is made ? wdf is this ?
                            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Too much hastle, besides I'd have to repair it again next time I beached it.

Comment

Working...
                              X