paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint code

does anyone know the paint code for the silver on the lower half of a two-tone 3rd gen surf. my toyota garage recognises the paint code on the vin plate but that is only for the blue on the top half.

need to repaint my bull bar cover due to some numpty jap before me trying his best to add some modern art in the form of scuffs and scratches.

by the way had me surf 3 weeks now and my grin is getting bigger each outing , even though the f*****g diesel is going up every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem with my '97 3rd Gen. I tried Toyota with the same result as you, then went to a local factor who phoned their paint supplier who gave them a code for the silver which turned out to be the darker silver/grey found on 2nd Gens.
    In the end I went to a paint supplier to the trade who got out all their colour swatches and matched it to the paint on the vehicle. It's pretty close, but not an exact match. I also suspect that the silver has been re-sprayed at some time, so it may not even be the original Toyota colour.
    If you get a definitive code for the silver I would be interested to know what it is.
    Keith

Comment

I've had the same problem with the silver colour, when my front bumpr was painted it's actually a lighter shade whereas the rest of the silver items are more of a greyish silver.
      [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

Originally posted by larry28274
        does anyone know the paint code for the silver on the lower half of a two-tone 3rd gen surf. my toyota garage recognises the paint code on the vin plate but that is only for the blue on the top half.

need to repaint my bull bar cover due to some numpty jap before me trying his best to add some modern art in the form of scuffs and scratches.

by the way had me surf 3 weeks now and my grin is getting bigger each outing , even though the f*****g diesel is going up every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used Citroen pearl grey to touch up after Langdale earlier this year and you can't tell the difference.
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Paint Match

Don't know if this is of any help Larry but after some numpty went and put a couple of deep scratches in the rear arch (circled) I used Silver-27 from the Tetrosyl range put on over white high build primer. I think they may officially call it lucerne silver. Just got to flat it back a little, blow over it and then laquer up to match.

Ignore the bit of grime, gotta wash it this weekend
          Regards
          Keith
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X