Hey .. I Got A Waves..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey .. I Got A Waves..

If you are on here Blue 2 nd gen (Plymouth area) & maroon 2nd jen (Tavistock area) thanks for the
    At last I have had 's returned
    all is not lost
    there are friendly faces out there
    a breakthrough in the south west
    BUT
    can someone guide me ..... what is the propper protocol
    1. the one forefinger raised off the steering wheel
    2. the 4 fingers in a simillar fashion
    3. the whole hand job!! ... steady!
    4. the total nutter, window down, head & shoulders out etc

help would be apreciated as one would not wish to make lesser beings wonder about the sanity or breeding of us toy surf owners

your views ladies and gents
    Tony
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

I would go for no.2 in general, maybe with a side to side movement

Deffo not 3 for me, tho someothers may be more enthusiastic

Andy

Comment

I usually flash the headlghts to attract attention & then wave as well.
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        If you are on here Blue 2 nd gen (Plymouth area) & maroon 2nd jen (Tavistock area) thanks for the
        At last I have had 's returned
        all is not lost
        there are friendly faces out there
        a breakthrough in the south west
        BUT
        can someone guide me ..... what is the propper protocol
        1. the one forefinger raised off the steering wheel
        2. the 4 fingers in a simillar fashion
        3. the whole hand job!! ... steady!
        4. the total nutter, window down, head & shoulders out etc

help would be apreciated as one would not wish to make lesser beings wonder about the sanity or breeding of us toy surf owners

your views ladies and gents
        Tony
        down here in Cornwall a flash of the lights and 1 finger is usually enough to get a response from a true surfer
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I drive redruth to plymouth everday for work and usually pass at least 2-3 surfs on the way home (i leave at 5.30 in the morning so not many other nutters on the road on the way up) one black 2nd Gen K reg (I think), a maroon 2nd gen and a dark blue 2nd gen - I must try and get the reg,....I started waving and flashing lights and got no response untill I realised that I wasn't in my surf but the peugeot..doh muppet...But when I am actually in the surf lights flash and hand wave usually does the trick...
          Richard you're in Camborne but don't think I have ever seen you - just moved to Treskillard and go through Camborne quite regular - I'll have to keep my eyes peeled ....

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by humero
            I drive redruth to plymouth everday for work and usually pass at least 2-3 surfs on the way home (i leave at 5.30 in the morning so not many other nutters on the road on the way up) one black 2nd Gen K reg (I think), a maroon 2nd gen and a dark blue 2nd gen - I must try and get the reg,....I started waving and flashing lights and got no response untill I realised that I wasn't in my surf but the peugeot..doh muppet...But when I am actually in the surf lights flash and hand wave usually does the trick...
            Richard you're in Camborne but don't think I have ever seen you - just moved to Treskillard and go through Camborne quite regular - I'll have to keep my eyes peeled ....

Rob
            i live in lower pengegon next to the old corona works if you know that area and the duke lives just down the road will keep my eyes peeled.i'm not driving much for the last few weeks due to accident at work but hopefully will be back on the road soon.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              i live in lower pengegon next to the old corona works if you know that area and the duke lives just down the road will keep my eyes peeled.i'm not driving much for the last few weeks due to accident at work but hopefully will be back on the road soon.
              If you see us during the week it's probaly the missus driving and it will freak her big style to have someone flashing lights and waving - she will probably think somethings wrong, either that or not even notice - weekends is generally me driving. Where can I go round here to get the surf muddy? any good places. Had it since May and not gone off road yet..

Comment

If you see us during the week it's probaly the missus driving and it will freak her big style to have someone flashing lights and waving - she will probably think somethings wrong, either that or not even notice - weekends is generally me driving. Where can I go round here to get the surf muddy? any good places. Had it since May and not gone off road yet..

i know there is quite a long geen lane down lands end to st just it takes you right along the coastal path i have been out to a couple out near the cider farm nr.to newquay but they are not very long.i would like to do the lands end one soon tho.the P*J**O club have got a meet in the next few weeks to do it so i may see if i can join in if i can drive by then

Comment

i waved and got a wave today in Exeter on marsh barton trading estate if that nice blue 2nd gen with a TJM bumper was you own up!

I was in the maroon 2nd gen with a yellow rubber duck stuck on the bonnet. . .

Matt

Comment

that Lands End run is on the w/end of the 28/29 of this month apparentley they are meeting in Hayle then going onto do the g/lane

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                      I usually flash the headlghts to attract attention & then wave as well.
                      I must be doing something wrong. Every time i flash my headlights, the car in front pulls over.

Comment

I dunno, perhaps I must have something stuck out of my forehead or just plain smell, cos I never seem to get a wave lately, just a blank look!!!

Cheers, Nick
                        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

us scoob owners wave all the time to other scoobs, i know some scoob owners deserve to be burned at the stake the way they drive there cars. but i've met some great guys that do have brains strangely enough, through the car lol. can't wait to get a hilux surf once i've shifted my car & then i will subscribe to the site & hopefully get to meet some of yourselves at the events etc. good site, looking good. all the best
                          hi dudes

Comment

Working...
                          X