X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying new Surf

Hi,
    I' looking at buying a Surf but am unsure about a few points:

What is the best model to have, I'd prefer a Diesel?
    Is it possible to have extra seats in the rear, i.e. make it a six/seven seater? (I'm assuming that they are 5 seaters)
    I've heard there are problems with cooling, is this applicable to certain models/years?
    What are typical insurance costs?
    How hard is it to get spare parts/servicing?
    Are all imports coverted to UK Specs or is there some limitation applied to them?
    If not what should I look out for?

All help appreciated
    Chris

Originally posted by chris_g
    Hi,
    I' looking at buying a Surf but am unsure about a few points:

What is the best model to have, I'd prefer a Diesel?
    Top Spec is SSRG, but generally will find lower specs with optional extras. the Japs are renowned for it. Most imports to this country are Diesel & Auto but may find some manuals
    2.4, 3.0 and V6 Petrol [thirstiest]

Is it possible to have extra seats in the rear, i.e. make it a six/seven seater? (I'm assuming that they are 5 seaters)
    Only the Latest Models USA and Jap models have extra seating...due to Japanese MOT Laws and costs they tend to get rid of their older vehicles quicker [1st-3rd gen are normally found in this country and will be 5 seat only]

I've heard there are problems with cooling, is this applicable to certain models/years?
    Mainly towards 2.4, only heard of 2-3 3.0 having head problems

What are typical insurance costs?
    Depends upon age...No of No claims and area in which u live range from 250 to over 1000 [mine 34yrs - 8yrs no claim full comp £570+

How hard is it to get spare parts/servicing?
    Getting easier to obtain parts. Milners Offroad, Roughtrax are two main websites and then theres you local toyota stealership if they decide to accept Imports

Are all imports coverted to UK Specs or is there some limitation applied to them?
    The UK model was th 4Runner [upto 1995] and is pretty bare, japs are know as the Hilux Surf and have aircon and extras.

If not what should I look out for?

All help appreciated
    Chris
    Do a searchusing the search engine and you will see these and many more topics covered time-and-time again
    Last edited by Gizmo; 16 August 2005, 19:55.
    Gaz

Comment

Working...
    X