Rear Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speakers

I have just installed a new stereo in my 2nd Gen Surf and have a problem with the rear speakers not working.
    When the radio is on, the rear speakers work fine, but as soon as I switch to CD, the aerial drops down and the rear speakers stop working.

I previously had a CD changer which played through an unused radio channel (89.9 FM) so obviously the rear speakers worked as the sound came through the radio channel.

I bought an ISO connector which avoided the need to cut wires etc, so I thought it would be a straightforward swap. How wrong I was!

I know the rear speakers have individual built in amps, so assume the power to the rear speakers is fed directly from the aerial power.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and can anyone suggest a solution?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by Bludger; 15 August 2005, 16:00.
    Just Vegging Out

try doing a search using the button at the top-- as far as i remember you need to join 2 wires or swap them or something.
    mine works fine on ISO connector.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dleach2103
      I have just installed a new stereo in my 2nd Gen Surf and have a problem with the rear speakers not working.
      When the radio is on, the rear speakers work fine, but as soon as I switch to CD, the aerial drops down and the rear speakers stop working.

I previously had a CD changer which played through an unused radio channel (89.9 FM) so obviously the rear speakers worked as the sound came through the radio channel.

I bought an ISO connector which avoided the need to cut wires etc, so I thought it would be a straightforward swap. How wrong I was!

I know the rear speakers have individual built in amps, so assume the power to the rear speakers is fed directly from the aerial power.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and can anyone suggest a solution?

Many Thanks
      If yours is a SONY look for the A/T button or A/F not sure try it & see as it had me foxed for ages
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

sounds like you've got the amp wired up to the aerial lead... so on cd, the aerial's not needed, it turns off and switches the amp with it.

re wire using the amp rem lead and it will work...
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          If yours is a SONY look for the A/T button or A/F not sure try it & see as it had me foxed for ages

Isn't A/T auto tune for the RDS ? it is on my sony head unit.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
            Isn't A/T auto tune for the RDS ? it is on my sony head unit.

Andy.
            think he means the TP/TA (traffic program / Traffic announcement) button... keeps the aerial turned on so it will pick up traffic reports.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              think he means the TP/TA (traffic program / Traffic announcement) button... keeps the aerial turned on so it will pick up traffic reports.
              Ahh so that's why when the missis messes around with the radio I can never get the ariel to go down when I put a CD in

Andy.

Comment

Speakers

Thanks to you all for sending so many quick responses. The TA method worked. Luckily I had this button on my head unit, so it was a simple fix.

On another note, has anyone fitted a Sub in their Surf? I am thinking of getting one, and will build my own housing, so any details or specs would be most gratefully received.

Thanks again
                Just Vegging Out

Comment

Thanks to you all for sending so many quick responses. The TA method worked. Luckily I had this button on my head unit, so it was a simple fix.

On another note, has anyone fitted a Sub in their Surf? I am thinking of getting one, and will build my own housing, so any details or specs would be most gratefully received.

Thanks again
                  there was something on different enclosures the other week (think it was posted by andylala) try different searches for bass box etc.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    there was something on different enclosures the other week (think it was posted by andylala) try different searches for bass box etc.

Will do, Cheers
                    Just Vegging Out

Comment

Will do, Cheers
                      probably not too far down in the electrical section... it was only a week or two ago.

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...1&page=1&pp=10

found it!

Comment

Working...
                        X