How Bigs The Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Wow, not such a newbie. He's been a member since Sept 2004 and only 22 posts!

Can you believe it BDT2? You'd be topping 100,000 by now!

easily!

Comment

Now, I KNOW how old this thread is, but we at work just had a little 'visit' from Customs and Excise. We sell fuel, so they do spot checks.

Bottom line is:-

There's a certain % of reduced duty fuel you can be caught with in your tank and not get screwed. It's a VERY low %. Don't try it. It's so low you'd maybe save £3.50 at current prices if you had 1000 litres in a tank.

Dyed fuels AFAIK can't be economically cleaned-they contain another tracer which can be picked up on a 'sniff test' at the exhaust. I've seen this done. I strongly suspect it's because it's now impossible to dip car tanks without damaging the anti siphon devices. Not only that, prolonged exposure to dyed fuels WILL stain plastic components so it's really obvious if the vehicle has had it in there.

Heating oil is easily detectable, it's dyed bright yellow and it'll destroy your fuel pump. It degreases, and doesn't lubricate at all. Not only that, your exhaust is bluddy obvious. You can smell it from 5 feet away and it smells like you're running on heating oil. Nothing else smells like it.

Basically, just don't go there. It's not worth the risk.
      Last edited by nos4ra2; 1 February 2014, 06:49.

Comment

2500ltr of veg per year no need to register. I have it in writting, many of us got the same letter back in 2008 or 09 when they unregistered us. My letter is on here somewhere buried in a veg oil thread.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          2500ltr of veg per year no need to register. I have it in writting, many of us got the same letter back in 2008 or 09 when they unregistered us. My letter is on here somewhere buried in a veg oil thread.
          Yep, and it's the only option I'd entertain apart from normal duty paid fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by nos4ra2 View Post
            Yep, and it's the only option I'd entertain apart from normal duty paid fuel.
            On a Surf I'd tend to agree with you, though I made Bio for a few years and ran it in a 55 plate Vitara with no issues...what puts you off?

Comment

Originally posted by jackster View Post
              Does anybody Know how big the fine is if you are caught by C & E running on heating oil, red derv or undeclared veg oil???

Just being doing a few sums, and the way the fuel price is going it`s not going to belong before it`s worth taking the risk.

A local bloke ran his two cars on red diesel and it was two years before he was caught.He paid his fine and was quite happy since he had already saved £1000`s.
              veg oil is the way.cosco or bookers do it around 16 quid for 20ltrs....cheap as chips
              sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Not quite as cheap as it used to be though (30p-40p) a litre

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota n it ain't spotless !!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Been running cars on used veg oil for over 12 years. Definitely the way to go. The hilux has been on it for 3 years and loves it. Good news if you get the used oil free.

Comment

Originally posted by diysurgeon View Post
                    Good news if you get the used oil free.
                    Now I'm green with envy lol.

Comment

i once asked the local chinese take away if i could buy or have there old oil i did this a lot its a good way of getting it but its a messy job
                      when i asked about waist oil she said
                      we dont have oil we cook chips not sell oil

the place was packed at this too
                      so i explained again about the waiste oil after a few trys she court on to what i was saying
                      and with a realy pleased look on her face she shouted
                      we cook waiste oil into gravy so we no waist nothing
                      the shop emptyed at that point
                      and the woman blamed me for it ?
                      a man came out the back and started kicking off at me
                      true story tiz now closed?
                      people just stopped going in amazing eh?
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

That must be a Chinese thing, a mate and I used to make bio, had an identical conversation in a Chinese, also now out of business....its an eye opener that oil collecting lark.

Comment

its shocking realy
                          wonder how many people thats made ill
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                          X