Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Capacity

Hi Guys,
    Im not sure if i have posted in the correct forum, but i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the max towing capacity my surf might have.
    I have just recently purchased a 1994 ssrx 3.0l td and the plate where the max tow limit should be displayed is unreadable due to rust and scratches. Does anyone know what the standard Max Tow limit for my surf could be?
    thanks in advance
    quadsy

Not sure about the 3 litres but my pokey little 2.4 has pulled my bigger trailer with 1.5 ton of topsoil.....that trailer has no brakes ...or rego....or wof (mot)
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
      Not sure about the 3 litres but my pokey little 2.4 has pulled my bigger trailer with 1.5 ton of topsoil.....that trailer has no brakes ...or rego....or wof (mot)
      ahh thanks champ!
      I ask cos i am buying a new boat and overall weight will be approx 1500kg.
      thanks again

Comment

I think the actual towing max weight is 1500kgs i think I read that on here somewhere but many people found no issues towing more (apart from legal ones )
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It should safely tow at least it's kerb weight, which is around 1900kgs, although it's probably best to use the caravanners 85% rule when towing something similar, which puts safe towing at about 1620kgs. But it would probably be capable of towing 2500kgs if needed.
          Mike G

Comment

Working...
          X