Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required

Is the 2.4 worth the potential hassle?

I have been offered a good price but the overheating problems mentioned in these forums seem to imply I am buying a known problem.

Would a UK spec rad for a Hilux pick-up solve the problem.

Advice from sellers is mixed. What are your considered opinons?

firstly welcome to the forum
    not all 2.4's have the overheating problem, the forum did a survey of the 2.4 owners on here and cant remember off hand but was not anywhere near even 50% had any head problems.
    and good 2.4's can be found all the time, have a look in for sale section

i got a good one which will be in the for sale section of the forum soon
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Virgin Surfer

I have been offered a good price but the overheating problems mentioned in these forums seem to imply I am buying a known problem.

On the original Head the waterways were too close to the heads surface causing cracks near the valve seats. If you get it at a bargain price its worth having the head replaced for a modified one.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

You can pick up a good quality 2.4 that has already had the head replaced, just make sure you get to see a reciept for the work.
        You often see them in the for sale section and on ebay, and it's still gonna cost you less than a 3 litre.
        A good choice if your on a budget.

Andy.

Comment

Yes just for the grin factor, unless you have a bigger budget then go for the 3Ltr for more power and less worries.(if you get a good enought deal then you may have the money left over for doing the engine if needed or you could use it to do some mods!!!
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X