insurance for more than 1 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance for more than 1 motor

does anyone have a multi-car policy or know of any companies that offer this? besides the Surf, I may need to insure another motor - any names etc appreciated.

My own company, Adrian Flux, say I have to have 2 seperate policies so any low-cost companies also appreciated.
    Dave

Hi,

I am in the process of looking for insurance for my new Surf. I tried three companies. Adrian Flux, Lifesure and Footman James. The Duke told me to try Footman James. Just got off the phone to them, and if you require insurance with NO no claims protection, they are the cheapest out of the three. In my case, no claims protection is £28 more. I don't know if they offer multiple vehicle policies, but there worth calling just in case.
    Andy

Comment

I recently tried to do this with A-Plan imports for both my Surf and my GTO but could only get separate policies from them
      [IMG]http://www.slate8.com/hiluxstuff/hilux-sig.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I have had a 2 car policy in the past with a company called Greenlight who were the best/most helpful Insurance company I have ever dealt with. I had an estate car and a mental dropped/chopped/transplanted show car that was weekend use only. They matched my no claims on the weekend car as long as I didn't exceed 5000 a year. The only thing is, they do not cover grey imports. They have a sister company that does though.
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

---STOP PRESS---

Have just called LIFESURE insurance. Their policy is worth considering!

Although, for me, the excess is £50 more (250), the windscreen is £10 more (60) than Footman James, you get the usual stuff - car hire in case of a crash, 90 days European cover, legal assistance. The thing that clinches this policy for me is - no claims bonus protection FOR LIFE. So it doesn't matter if you have 20 crashes, you retain your full no claims!!

You definately want to check them out. Reach them here: www.lifesure.co.uk

Happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            ---STOP PRESS---

Have just called LIFESURE insurance. Their policy is worth considering!

Although, for me, the excess is £50 more (250), the windscreen is £10 more (60) than Footman James, you get the usual stuff - car hire in case of a crash, 90 days European cover, legal assistance. The thing that clinches this policy for me is - no claims bonus protection FOR LIFE. So it doesn't matter if you have 20 crashes, you retain your full no claims!!

You definately want to check them out. Reach them here: www.lifesure.co.uk

Happy hunting!

Just another one to add to the many?? I used TESCO and they were cheaper for my surf than I got for a "D" reg sierra!! But covering two cars on the SAME policy is a no-no!! Only way to do this is to go for a "Traders" policy which are NOT too expensive as I recall pro rata! IE 25 year old with claims driving a "G" reg Audi 100 estate and a Sunbeam Lotus used weekends. Cost was over £1000. trader policy is only £850!! covers him to drive any vehicle up to 3 ltr any time.

Chris

Comment

We have 3 cars and a bike, I have never been able to insure them together, just try explaining to an insurance company that with the best will in the world two of us could not possibly drive all 4 vehicle together & it does not compute. I will have to check out this traders policy thing as we pay the wrong side of £1,500 / year out on insurance. The one thing that springs to mind is that unless the vehicle is listed on the policy how do you tax it?
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

I've tried for our little stable of vehicles, the trade policy worked out more expensive than insuring them seperately. So we have 4 seperate policies now.

You cant tell who will be cheaper by other experience, all of ours are with different insurers, as no one company proved cheapest for all and depended upon time of renewal.

APlan for the Black Bullet, Adrian Flux for the 4 runner, NFU for the pickup/off roader/much modified truck, and SEIB for the Lorry

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                  does anyone have a multi-car policy or know of any companies that offer this? besides the Surf, I may need to insure another motor - any names etc appreciated.

My own company, Adrian Flux, say I have to have 2 seperate policies so any low-cost companies also appreciated.
                  I'm with Liverpool & Victoria . They will cover another car on my policy at the same 75% NCB I use on my 1st car .
                  I think they have stopped taking new business off surf owners tho'
                  I was put onto them about 3 years ago by another surf owner and I've added and removed a 2nd car to the policy a couple of times with no problem.
                  Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I have my car and Surf on a dual policy with Liverpool Victoria (but will be shopping around at renewal time due to the "too-large-in-my-opinion" increase they stung me for when I changed from a 2.4 surf to a 3.0)

I also have 2 motorbikes insured on a dual policy through The Insurance Line.
                    I have only just seen that they have been taken over by Swinton tho (first I have heard - thanks for telling your customers!) so they may or may not still do these policies. see here:
                    http://www.swinton.co.uk/call/til/
                    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Draig

Put second vehicle in your wifes/girl friends name, if your policy covers you to drive any vehicle with the owners pemission and not belonging to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Put second vehicle in your wifes/girl friends name, if your policy covers you to drive any vehicle with the owners pemission and not belonging to you.
                        Could be o.k. for some but this usually only covers you for third-party only on other vehicles.
                        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I insure both of mine (3.0 Surf and 2.0 306 HDI estate) through LIFESURE. Both me and the wife covered to drive both cars matched NCB (max) on both policies. Worked out cheaper to insure both in my name with wife as named driver than the surf in my name and 306 in wifes name as she had never had insurance before. LIFESURE are very good to deal with and were really helpful. Think it works out at about £520 for both.

Comment

A-Plan are brokers for someone (sorry forgot name) who will match your full no claims in a new policy. Give them a try.

As for insured no claims, some points to consider.
                            The no claims bonus is only insured with that insurer, so you are tied to them for life.

Even though you may retain your 50% no claims after a crash your renewal quote will be higher.
                            Before crash £800premium - 50% discount = £400 cost
                            After crash £1400premium - 50% discount = £700 cost.

Comment

Working...
                            X