Lifted 3rd Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted 3rd Gen

Well I finally got around to buying and fitting a 2" lift kit from Explorer so I'd thought I'd show off the results.

Went on pretty easy with the help of spring compressors and lots of determination (unbolting the rear shocks is a right old pain in the ar*e!!!!)

The only slight concern was the lateral deflection of the panhard rod....but I got a clever person to work it out and they recon it's only 1.3mm with a 50mm lift so I'm not gonna worry about it. The other thing was increasing the angle on the front CV's but it doesn't seem to bad to my untrained eye so I might make up some diff drop spacers but hold off fitting them until after the springs have settled a bit......anyway here are a couple of pics
    Attached Files
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Nicley done sir .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Looking mighty fine

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by miketilley
        Well I finally got around to buying and fitting a 2" lift kit from Explorer so I'd thought I'd show off the results.

Went on pretty easy with the help of spring compressors and lots of determination (unbolting the rear shocks is a right old pain in the ar*e!!!!)

The only slight concern was the lateral deflection of the panhard rod....but I got a clever person to work it out and they recon it's only 1.3mm with a 50mm lift so I'm not gonna worry about it. The other thing was increasing the angle on the front CV's but it doesn't seem to bad to my untrained eye so I might make up some diff drop spacers but hold off fitting them until after the springs have settled a bit......anyway here are a couple of pics

Looks good but the roofrack interests me, is it fixed to the T bar? My Thule dealer tried the official thule tester and pronouced that it would be too slack, I would be interested to know what part you used and if it is a nice tight fit? Have you ever tried it with a roofbox and does the spoiler on the tail hit the bottom of the box with the tailgate up?

I just replaced the springs on my gen 3 & it makes a world of difference, didn't go for the lift though.
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

The roof bars came with the truck and are a genuine toyota part...well they say toyota on 'em. I've don't have a roof box so I can't say what it's like....don't have a rear spoiler either......

The new suspension makes a huge difference to the ride, seems harder but smoother and less body roll in the corners.
          http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X