Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soon to be new Surf Owner

Hi everyone

I am quite new to this forum but have been reading the threads for a couple of weeks. Can I say what a friendly, informative forum this is. Congratulations to the founders!!!

I am currently in the market for a Surf as from what I can see and they are the best 4x4 by far. Pardon the Pun! I'm a keen angler and don't have much room in my BMW coupe for all my tackle, so it's got to go.

I have recently asked a local 4x4 dealer to locate one for me as I do don't have any contacts in the trade myself. As he offered me a good price on my BMW I am inclined to trust him an he did give me some excellent pointers on what to look for while I was looking at other local competitors etc.

He has phoned me today with news of a successful find - Blue over silver 1996 (p) REG 3.0 TD SSRG. 73,000 miles.

I will inspect tommorrow and he has indicated that the original price we had discussed (£8995 for a 1996 SSRG below 70,000 miles) can be discounted somewhat.

Can anyone on here give me some indication of what price that I should expect to pay for this vehicle from a trader. It will come with a comprehensive 6 month warranty.

Once again - Big hello to all you seasoned surfers and I look forward to my hopefully immenent ownership so I can share photos, experiences and what ever else. By the way, some nice looking rigs on here as well!
    [COLOR=Orange][Size=4] I dropped in super l

Some price guide - I paid £10,500 for a 54,000 mls S reg 3rd gen 2 yrs ago.

If I was selling my pride and joy now, bearing in mind that I have never pressed the peddle to the floor, been off road or applied the slightest heavy right foot, (ha ha ha ha ha ha, sorry), then my baby should fetch around £7,500! as it now has 105 thou on the clock.

Sooooooo a 96 model for 9 thou (with a free fiver), even low mls, may not be such a bargain.

But it also depends where you live, car price alters geographically, northern/rural is useualy less expensive than city/southern prices.

At the end of the day thou, you pay what you think is a fair price for the goods you buy and the after care service. Pay more and be looked after (if you ever need service), or pay less and hope you never need to use the warrenty attached, (and given half a chance it will be wiggled out of)

Fish

(ps, ignore what others may say, blue over silver is without doubt the best)!
    Last edited by Fish; 8 August 2005, 01:29.
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Hi Surfer Dude,

I am getting my SURF on Thursday. 1994 SSRG 3.0 in metallic blue. Can't wait. I'm bursting with anticipation. After reading this site, I have now 1000 checks to carry out when I get it to make sure everything is working. Hope you get what your after?
      Andy

Comment

I just paid £6200 for my 3.0 manual SSRG in Maroon - 110,000 Km - '93 'L' reg
        That was from a trader in Hertford.
        He keeps a good rotating stock and they're all fresh imports - apart from the trade ins.
        Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

In the process of getting mine - 12/96 P, 3.0 SSRG, 29k miles, £9k less a fiver.

Regards
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Doesn't look like Im too far off the Mark then.

Manahged to get mine for £9345 including 6month comprehensive warranty and a Thatcham cat 1 immobiliser fitted and horrendous decals removed and a new spray job. Ther was a couple of slight marks so requested that for the price he was asking that they was sprayed up and decals removed . Oh yes and a decent kenwood CD palyer to boot.

Got me some insurance with Lifesure. £388 fullt comp with me Mrs to drive it with lifetime ncb protection and hire cars and everything else in. Much cheaper than Adrian Flux or A Paln and Osbourne and Son etc.

Just found a wicked A bar on RoughTrax for £130 + vat for the 3rd gens as well so will be modifying on arrival.

Comment

paid £9000 for my R reg 3rd gen 2 years ago, they were holding value for a while, but now there are so many the price has REALLY dropped.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm a bit confused or rather think I may have been taken in a little however when checking on Autotrader all decent 1996 3RD gens seem to be fetching 8500 to 9500. Everyone on here tells me they should be about £7500.

However when I think about it I got around £1500 more for my BMW than I was expecting so 9300 - 1500 = 7800 less 500 quid for a decent spray job etc = 7300 so don't suppose the deal was taht bad.

Happy with deal, happy with truck, happy with life. SORTED

Comment

Mine is a 1994 2nd Gen SSRG 3.0 Auto with chrome bumpers, recaro seats,etc in metalic blue. Cost me £6250. Looks about the going rate for trader sold vehicle. My ex has just bought herself a Surf also. 1994 SSRG 3.0 Auto same speck as mine except hers is in Red over grey/black? and has the under floor spare wheel. Got hers for £5600 and paid for a Cat2 immob and something else I can't remember, £5995 all in.

If you see two Surfs together, one red one blue, thats us in convoy. 10/4 rubber duck?
                  Andy
                  Last edited by M35A2; 9 August 2005, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Mine is a 1994 2nd Gen SSRG 3.0 Auto with chrome bumpers, recaro seats,etc in metalic blue. Cost me £6250. Looks about the going rate for trader sold vehicle. My ex has just bought herself a Surf also. 1994 SSRG 3.0 Auto same speck as mine except hers is in Red over grey/black? and has the under floor spare wheel. Got hers for £5600 and paid for a Cat2 immob and something else I can't remember, £5995 all in.

If you see two Surfs together, one red one blue, thats us in convoy. 10/4 rubber duck?
                    Andy

Nice touch - his and hers Surfs - don't think i'l get my Mrs behind the wheel of mine cos she wont be able to prise me from behind it.

Comment

Working...
                    X