Help- back window won't go up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- back window won't go up.

Well- after over a year's trouble free operation the back window finally packed up unexpectedly. It would happen in winter of course.

The first sign of trouble was the 'BACK DOOR' red light illuminated on the way home tonight for no apparent reason.

When got home I tried the window- it went down okay. But of course it won't go up now!

The thing of note is that when I turn the key to send the wind up I hear the relays click then a buzzer (I've never heard before) gives three rapid pips.

Any ideas chaps otherwise it's a sheet of plastic for now.

the pips are telling you that the back door is not closed and the red light is telling you that the door is not locked, as you unlock the door it come on and as you lock it it goes off.

i suspect that one of the many interlock switches has either failed or has come adrift you need to access the back and see whats what. if you drop the tail gate you can fake it to think it is locked by throwing the latches on both sides.
    so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Check the lock knob on the inside of the tailgate is moving freely and locking properly, and the latches are both closed properly.

Then try the micro switches for the above parts.

Good luck
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When myself and my buddie Robbie were servicing my back window I heard those three warning pips for the first time. It happened when we had the tailgate down, but I think before we manually closed the latches at each side, and then when we went to operate the keymechanism to 'close' the window. It was telling us the door was open and the glass would fall out.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I partly dismantled the tailgate. Re-assembled it and it worked again. Strange really cos I didn't attempt any fixes- must have been a loose wire somewhere.......

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            Thanks guys.

I partly dismantled the tailgate. Re-assembled it and it worked again. Strange really cos I didn't attempt any fixes- must have been a loose wire somewhere.......
            Have you been bumping up and down where you shouldn't???
            NO WORRIES!
            Rusty

Comment

Working...
            X