MOT good and bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT good and bad news

Took the truck for its test this morning......... straight through no problem. Then got carried away and asked them to change the fuel filter, now they can't start it up and have flattened the battery. I guess that they didn't prime the filter up before starting it, so I'm sat at home waiting, and have got a million things to get done this afternoon ready for my holiday
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic]I can fix it...it won't be cheap.........or pretty![/FONT][/SIZE]

sometimes the hand pump isn't up to much, put a piece of hose on the out side of the filter and suck some fuel into the filter, them pump it while cranking it and it should fire up OK.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Then got carried away and asked them to change the fuel filter, now they can't start it up and have flattened the battery. I guess that they didn't prime the filter up before starting it

When you get your surf back I would have a ride round and find a garage that knows what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Granville
        Then got carried away and asked them to change the fuel filter, now they can't start it up and have flattened the battery. I guess that they didn't prime the filter up before starting it

When you get your surf back I would have a ride round and find a garage that knows what they are doing.
        or next time tell them to fill the fuel filter with diesel and then fit it.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
          or next time tell them to fill the fuel filter with diesel and then fit it.
          Managed to get it going after charging the battery up. I had a hand operated vacuum pump (no tittering at the back) to draw the fuel up. Job done
          [SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic]I can fix it...it won't be cheap.........or pretty![/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by jet1749
            Managed to get it going after charging the battery up. I had a hand operated vacuum pump (no tittering at the back) to draw the fuel up. Job done
            oh I like a good titter!!
            Tony
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

so they didn't have a starter pack??... what did they think happened if they kept cranking it over??
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                so they didn't have a starter pack??... what did they think happened if they kept cranking it over??
                Hmm.....funnily enough I was staring at a replacement filter the other day and wondering how I was going to fit it. Anyone out there got any handy tips? Last thing I need is to begger thing up.

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl
                  Hmm.....funnily enough I was staring at a replacement filter the other day and wondering how I was going to fit it. Anyone out there got any handy tips? Last thing I need is to begger thing up.
                  a vice and hammer. oh, ond some pipe grips.... and a towel to grip the filter in the vice cos it'll be slippy!
                  Last edited by da SLUG man; 9 August 2005, 10:42.
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    a vice and hammer.
                    yeah and not a screwdriver and a hammer like i did once - its so brittle and just breaks off at the edges.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Alternatively, fill the filter with your favourite injector cleaner, before refitting it... Gently lubricate all the threads (upper and lower) and only do it up hand tight... (so you can undo it next time...)

Comment

:
                        Originally posted by gerryl
                        i removed the fuel pipes and took off the complete filter head then took the whole thing to the vice and removed the filter.saves leaning over the wing and breaking your back and swearing at the truck when you go to put the water trap sensor back in and you cant find the hole.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

dont need a vice. just disconect the fuel lines turn it upside down and bolt it back on
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            dont need a vice. just disconect the fuel lines turn it upside down and bolt it back on
                            why didnt i think of that,oh well thats what sorts the men out from the boys.cheers chillit will try that next time
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X