No announcement yet.

t belt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldnt use the bars, still not fitted properly...
    and i called em worse than emmets...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires

Oi
      give us a break, hate it or hate it the 2cv is a brill little motor, they are tough, you can rev the b*lls off them, easy to work on, no gaskets to blow and you can run them at full tilt (ha ha) all day aaannnnd they wont crack a head or boil
      70 MPH, 50+MPG, cheap tax, cheap insurance - less than £100 fully comp tried(very) & tested, vertually every part can be replaced cheeply - including the chassis, and they make everybody smile not just the drivers aaannnnd the owners do wave add to that in standard form they are great off road, in snow aaannnnd you would not believe what their twin engine 4x4 can do.
      Still love me surf though - oh nearly forgot -aaannnnd they increace in value my e reg (it is verry clean) worth over £2500.00
      different is not bad
      tony

NO.........NO NO NO NO NO theres nothing you can say that will convince me!................There just............WRONG.
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
        NO.........NO NO NO NO NO theres nothing you can say that will convince me!................There just............WRONG.
        each to their own mate, I bought it because it meant my missus has one less thing to forget (water) it has been brilliant and bearing in mind so far she has got through a Marina, a Metro and a Dihatso this little beast has got to be a survivor, she has also had numerious little shunts, bumper here, bumper there, unbolt a wing or 2 bolt on a replacement (20 mins with a cup of tea as well) and a couple of bigger ones -just mend it!. Chassis rotted - changed it etc etc
        it has been great for us - she does'nt like it much either because of lack of go, 2 speed wipers (on & off) etc
        it would be a sad place if we were all the same - I like both motors but for different reasons
        Generally I find those that enthuse about the 2cv are far more enthusiastic than any other group I have come across. When I pass through your town next week en route to Irvine it will be towing and it will be with 'the beast'
        cos I know it is right for the job, if you see us give us a
        Tony

just thought, if you can find an enthusiast round your way, and you can bring yourself to do it - go for a ride in one (dont forget your dark glasses!) or better still go watch some 2cv racing
        Last edited by fatfires; 6 August 2005, 08:09. Reason: chalenge
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

years ag a mate had one. he told me it was designed to be driven across a ploughed field, flat out, so he did. and it was very funny. but i do wish it had been left in that field...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I tell you what, all jokes apart, we went to an AWDC day at Sidbury hill with my Dads LandCruiser a year or so back and the 2CV 4x4 boys were there. The cars were absolutely bonkers and went all over the place!
            Like you said we all like different things... some of us have this problem that we are compelled to hack around offroad in zuki SJ's

(pic is wildtracks where we are going Aug 29th by the way peeps)

each to their own mate, I bought it because it meant my missus has one less thing to forget (water) it has been brilliant and bearing in mind so far she has got through a Marina, a Metro and a Dihatso this little beast has got to be a survivor, she has also had numerious little shunts, bumper here, bumper there, unbolt a wing or 2 bolt on a replacement (20 mins with a cup of tea as well) and a couple of bigger ones -just mend it!. Chassis rotted - changed it etc etc
            it has been great for us - she does'nt like it much either because of lack of go, 2 speed wipers (on & off) etc
            it would be a sad place if we were all the same - I like both motors but for different reasons
            Generally I find those that enthuse about the 2cv are far more enthusiastic than any other group I have come across. When I pass through your town next week en route to Irvine it will be towing and it will be with 'the beast'
            Tony

just thought, if you can find an enthusiast round your way, and you can bring yourself to do it - go for a ride in one (dont forget your dark glasses!) or better still go watch some 2cv racing
            Attached Files
            Last edited by dirtydog; 6 August 2005, 09:17.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Tony

Hello FatFires, who can say this is not a cool little car, feast your eyes on these pics of my Mehari ! (If i've posted them right)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
                Hello FatFires, who can say this is not a cool little car, feast your eyes on these pics of my Mehari ! (If i've posted them right)
                getting there!

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
                  getting there!
                  Yeh very cool aannnnnd no water, no head gaskets and no cracked heads
                  being as you showed me yours I'll show you mine - but mine has 4 pots and is awaiting restoration
                  Tony

Now that is ugly!!!!!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by fatfires; 6 August 2005, 18:23.
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X