radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator

Have found a couple of hair line cracks on top of my radiator, i am do a long
    trip to spain, So can i trust it or do i get a new or recon radiator, if so, i see
    Milners do rads at a reasonable price or can anyone recommend someone who do recon rads

Originally posted by Nkerridge
    trip to spain, So can i trust it or do i get a new or recon radiator, if so, i see
    Milners do rads at a reasonable price or can anyone recommend someone who do recon rads
    you would be better off replacing the rad i cant reccomend anywhere myself but doing a trip like that its not worth taking the chance on trusting it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Nkerridge
      Milners ones were really cheap last time I fitted one, PITA to fit and much lighter and smaller than the Toy original, but having said that, its still working OK. But personally, I'd get it repaired locally if poss or spend a bit more on a good recon.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

re build!

Originally posted by TonyN
        Milners ones were really cheap last time I fitted one, PITA to fit and much lighter and smaller than the Toy original, but having said that, its still working OK. But personally, I'd get it repaired locally if poss or spend a bit more on a good recon.
        I used a local (plymouth) re-builder, He re-corred it with an uprated 3 row staggered core, got rid of the bottom tank with the obstructive ATF cooler replaced the tank with a bigger one and included a cooler from a turbo landy that did not obstruct the bottom hose outlet. that cost me Approx £200 +vat well worth it.
        I did have to slightly drop the front of my bash plate (bout 20 mm) achived that with 2 spacers and longer bolts!
        Dont know if he does a courier or mail service or if he knows of any independants elsewhere. For the record Ken Allen 01752 667704 will get him
        hope this is of help
        Tony
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Bit The Bullet

Originally posted by fatfires
          I used a local (plymouth) re-builder, He re-corred it with an uprated 3 row staggered core, got rid of the bottom tank with the obstructive ATF cooler replaced the tank with a bigger one and included a cooler from a turbo landy that did not obstruct the bottom hose outlet. that cost me Approx £200 +vat well worth it.
          I did have to slightly drop the front of my bash plate (bout 20 mm) achived that with 2 spacers and longer bolts!
          Dont know if he does a courier or mail service or if he knows of any independants elsewhere. For the record Ken Allen 01752 667704 will get him
          hope this is of help
          Tony
          Have had to bite the bullet and buy from milners, i live in the the boonies so i
          have taken the easy routeand hopefully the most reliable.
          thanks for your advise
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X