3rd Gen sprouts rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen sprouts rails

Hi all Just come back from the garage where the amazing Nigel (not Koi) has worked his magic on a pair of roof rails I got off an Astra estate in the local s**** yard. He has done one hell of a fabrication job and he used an angle grinder in the best traditions of Surf engineering

They fit on the Surf as though they have been there all the time. I am really chuffed as I think it just finishes of the look as well as being very functional. IF anybody wishes to know how he did it drop me a PM
    Attached Files
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by Malenibo
    Hi all Just come back from the garage where the amazing Nigel (not Koi) has worked his magic on a pair of roof rails I got off an Astra estate in the local s**** yard. He has done one hell of a fabrication job and he used an angle grinder in the best traditions of Surf engineering

They fit on the Surf as though they have been there all the time. I am really chuffed as I think it just finishes of the look as well as being very functional. IF anybody wishes to know how he did it drop me a PM
    look pretty good. just bought a 3rd gen myself and would mind a set of them. plenty in the breakers yard

Comment

3rd Gen sprouts rails

Originally posted by Malenibo

I can see how you / he did the job, very smart soooooocool...
      Q, which model /series / or year of astra was it off , please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
        I can see how you / he did the job, very smart soooooocool...
        Q, which model /series / or year of astra was it off , please ?
        They were off an Astra Estate do not know the year as there was no plates on it recon around H onwards. The bars are high quality aluminum and need to be cut down to 26 inches. The ends are solid cast aluminum, All he had to do was cut off the bolts that go through the roof and grind flat. The angle of the ends are such that the bars stand up straight in line with the roof. The fixing was by drilling and countersinking the end caps then bolting to the channel using 8mm channel fixings (zeberdee's) as mentioned by all the other Surfers on here wanting to use roof bars on a third gen. Fill the holes with rubber bungs and shape to fit contour of end caps.

Voila!!! one set of roof rails
        Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X