Blinkin' roof bars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinkin' roof bars!

Hello guy's & gal's, wondered if any of you have any type of roof bars fitted to your surf's and where to get them from? I'm having a right mare with trying to find any anywhere! Supposed to be going to the Lakes in 2 weeks and i need extra space for a roof box.

www.roofbox.co.uk
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers Bob, I'll check it out now.

Comment

and it's nothing like that, not this time anyway, taking the sprogs on this trip, hence the need for roof bars.

Comment

[QUOTE=peteward] Hello guy's & gal's, wondered if any of you have any type of roof bars fitted to your surf's and where to get them from? I'm having a right mare with trying to find any anywhere! Supposed to be going to the Lakes in 2 weeks and i need extra space for a roof box. [/QUOT http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=223
          Last edited by kiowa; 25 July 2005, 19:07.
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

kids in a roof box.... better make sure it locks, wouldnt want them falling out. and dont call him bob!!!!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

www.gttowing.co.uk
              they do Thule bars that fit into the door reccess approx £100 i use mine to carry 3 sets of ladders.
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Item:Description:Our price:RRP:
                Foot Pack:Thule Rapid System gutterless feet (4) no. 750 £44.95
                Bars:Thule Rapid System bars: 120cm bars (2) no. 761 £19.90
                Adapter Kit:Thule Rapid System adapter kit no. 1085 £19.95
                Locks:Thule One Key System locks £10.00
                Old Style adapter kit:Thule adapter kit no. 111 £19.95

Comment

Nice one da SLUG meister!

Brilliant! Just ordered myself some bars for under £100 oop's getting a bit sheffield united! No REALLY! Nice one mate, I've been looking all over for ages without success. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Cheaper roof bars

da SLUG man's link is slightly better on the pocket! still a great link though Kiowa, cheer's mate!

Comment

I got a set of Thule aerobars that fit mine a treat. Mine has the channels in the roof but they are an odd size, the Thule adapter is a bit loose in it so the dealer I got mine from said it was a bit iffy. I use the standard feet that fit in the doors, they just miss fouling the original channel by 2 or 3 mm. Beware if you are using a roofbox though, the U bolts on my box did not go around the aerobars, but they have a channel in the top, just pick up the Thule bolts that slide into them and you get a pretty secret fixing. Dont try an save a few bob using bolts from the hardware shop the heads dont fit the channel too well, the Thule ones have a thin flat square head the fits snugly into the channels. Failing that if you go for the standard square channels the box should be fine. I'm told most boxes more than a few years old wont fit the aerobars straight off.
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                        I got a set of Thule aerobars that fit mine a treat. Mine has the channels in the roof but they are an odd size, the Thule adapter is a bit loose in it so the dealer I got mine from said it was a bit iffy. I use the standard feet that fit in the doors, they just miss fouling the original channel by 2 or 3 mm. Beware if you are using a roofbox though, the U bolts on my box did not go around the aerobars, but they have a channel in the top, just pick up the Thule bolts that slide into them and you get a pretty secret fixing. Dont try an save a few bob using bolts from the hardware shop the heads dont fit the channel too well, the Thule ones have a thin flat square head the fits snugly into the channels. Failing that if you go for the standard square channels the box should be fine. I'm told most boxes more than a few years old wont fit the aerobars straight off.
                        you need the (think it's called fast track) T track fitting feet and a fitting kit to go in the T track.
                        it's 4700 foot kit and 4710 fitting kit (fit's the square bars or aero bars)
                        the 4712 fits the track, but doesn't have the notches cut in the square nuts to clear the bolt heads in the track.

the 2nd gen needs the sort that clamp into the door frames, because it has no T track or gutters.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          you need the (think it's called fast track) T track fitting feet and a fitting kit to go in the T track.
                          it's 4700 foot kit and 4710 fitting kit (fit's the square bars or aero bars)
                          the 4712 fits the track, but doesn't have the notches cut in the square nuts to clear the bolt heads in the track.

the 2nd gen needs the sort that clamp into the door frames, because it has no T track or gutters.

My dealer put a little measure thingy in the T track and pronounced it too small, but if it works its gotta look better. Have you tried it with a roofbox cos I was thinking that the spoiler on the rear hatch might hit the back of the box when the tail was lifted.
                          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
                            My dealer put a little measure thingy in the T track and pronounced it too small, but if it works its gotta look better. Have you tried it with a roofbox cos I was thinking that the spoiler on the rear hatch might hit the back of the box when the tail was lifted.
                            nah.. no roof box..
                            i'm only young!

Comment

Hi, saw a pic somewhere on the net that used 4 thule bars on a Surf- covering the whole roof.Cant recall where though sorry.
                              I do recall how they wre fitted.
                              1st bar above drivers door as far forward as possible, 2 was above the rear passenger door again as far forward as possible.
                              Bar 3 went above the rear passenger door as far back as possible, and finally bar 4 had the feet on but wasnt connected to the roof, but used a pair of Thule short roof bars to run forward on to bar 3.
                              Then a sheet of marine ply was screwed over the whole lot.
                              Result was a full length roof rack.
                              On the subject does anyone have any ideas about modifying a landrover 110 expedition style roof rack for a Surf, the access ladder would obviously get put on one of the sides near the rear. Or is there one available ready made, or possibly a foot convertion?
                              I travel quite a few miles and need the space for too much junk
                              thanks , mark
                              Hi few pics under member rigs, check out "surfing round europe" under general. Wave if you see us thanks mark

Comment

Working...
                              X