Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Diesel

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have just seen an ad on ebay for a Bio Diesel recipe that requires no modifications to the car, no other equipment, etc. Intrigued I spent the 98p and was sent an email giving a recipe to make a Vege Oil Diesel substitute which goes straight into your fuel tank and requires no mods.

Below is what the email says:-

Hello,
    I have known people use it on the Surf 2.4 although I have never tried it myself on that vehicle. I see no reason however why not.

BIO DIESEL RECIPE

It must be stressed that the following recipe has been widely tested and has proven to work - the viscosity of the veg oil is reduced to ensure a clean burn and the glycerin appears to be burnt off as a waste product. But for the recoerd we accept no responsibility whatsover for its use. (we say this in case some fool blows up his 20 year old banger)
    In tests it has been found that used veg oil has a slightly changed chemistry to that of manufactured bio diesel that has been through a refinery process. You can get the oil from restaraunts, fish & chip shops etc.
    Next step is to add a solvent to bring down the viscosity.
    White spirit can be used, is easily available.
    To make 1 litre of bio diesel add 3 mls of spirit to 97 mls of used vegoil, agitate the mixture well and leave to stand for up to a week.
    Thats It!

Has anyone ever heard of this before or used it? I would love any feedback, as I am a bit sceptical about using it and I don't want to destroy my pride and joy !

Any thoughts will be welcomed.

Dave
    Just Vegging Out

type veg oil or bio diesel into the search bar and you'll find loads of threads on it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

waste of 98p mate - that'd get you 2 litres of veg oil with change to spare for a choccy bar
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X