Expensive MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive MOT

Took car in for MOT this morning,not only does it need centre and tail exhaust pipes(£260+vat fitted)but also requires the steering rack to be re-bushed(there is play on the passenger side,where the gaiter is also burst)this will prob cost another £200.00 or so.The Surf is still in the garage awaiting parts,could be the end of the week b4 I get her home.
    Powered by ????

didnt think surfs even had a steering rack..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      didnt think surfs even had a steering rack..
      Just one of the differences when they changed to the 3rd Gen.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
        Took car in for MOT this morning,not only does it need centre and tail exhaust pipes(£260+vat fitted)but also requires the steering rack to be re-bushed(there is play on the passenger side,where the gaiter is also burst)this will prob cost another £200.00 or so.The Surf is still in the garage awaiting parts,could be the end of the week b4 I get her home.
        If you mean the bushes on the steering idler arm they cost about £8 to buy from Toyota and dont take long to fit so £200 is a bit steep!!!

Edit - just reread this and saw the bit about the gaiter (cv gaiter?) so price is not that bad!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          If you mean the bushes on the steering idler arm they cost about £8 to buy from Toyota and dont take long to fit so £200 is a bit steep!!!

Edit - just reread this and saw the bit about the gaiter (cv gaiter?) so price is not that bad!!
          nah, it's a rack so will be the 2 rubber bushes holding it on and the gaiter on the end of it

not too bad a job to do yourself... but easier for the garage to do on the ramp!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            nah, it's a rack so will be the 2 rubber bushes holding it on and the gaiter on the end of it

not too bad a job to do yourself... but easier for the garage to do on the ramp!

Oops - I'm really not concentrating today... its a 3rd gen not a 2nd gen. I'll just go and crawl back into my hole I think....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              Oops - I'm really not concentrating today... its a 3rd gen not a 2nd gen. I'll just go and crawl back into my hole I think....
              do they have a kettle there?... might pop in for a cuppa myself!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If it's the D shaped bush you will be ok, but if you need any of the others they will have to come from the USA, got some the other week for me and Rob, he's fitted his but I have not had time yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

The part arrived ok,but the gaiter didn't,ho hum have to wait to see if that arrives tomorrow,if it does should hopefully get her home tomorrow at some point.
                  Last edited by RobD; 26 July 2005, 18:23.