advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

Last Thursday someone damaged the rear drivers side of my vehicle,while I was working a matter of 10 metres away (on the other side of a house).My motor was parked in a piece of wasteland which is being used by a local paving firm to tip rubble using a van (transit) and trailer.This vehicle reversed past my vehicle once during the day on which this happened,the only other vehicles that entered this piece of ground on the same day was the owner of the house,and a couple who approached me to do some work for them both of these vehicles were cars.The damage to my car would suggest that it was caused by something higher than a car which would suggest the van and trailer to be the offending vehicle(s),this was substantuated by the car body shop which I took the motor to for an estimate (£500+vat).I have already approached the occupants of the van,surprise surprise,they denied hitting my motor.Now that I know (from expert advice) that it is highly probable that the damage was caused by the trailer,due to the sharpness of the abrasions,what would be the best course of action to take regarding getting them to pay for the damage?Cheers,from a very ****ed off and angry RobD.
    Powered by ????

go to the police and report them for leaving the scene of an accident.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

if you cant get em for the damage, get em for the fly tipping..
      Last edited by Chillitt; 23 July 2005, 17:34.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        or set fire to their van...
        now you've posted it on a public forum and spoiled the fun!...

remember, if you wanna get away with it, TELL NO-ONE!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          now you've posted it on a public forum and spoiled the fun!...

remember, if you wanna get away with it, TELL NO-ONE!
          you aint seen me, right?
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

From bitter experience if they deny all knowledge and you or any other witness did not see them do it you have no chance even with the body shops opinion.

If it wasn't on the public highway the police probably won't be interested unless they want to talk to them for other reasons (If you know what I mean)

Rich.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

you could always try the citizens advice bureau,if that fails
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

I'll recoupe the money somehow