Turbo Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Gauge

anyone got a photo of which pipe im looking for to connect my turbo gauge? have looked all round manifold and cant find the pipe to connect t piece into any ideas?

On the 2.4 there's a turbo pressure sensor on the outside of the air filter box. I just cut the pipe going to that, and tee'd off it for my gauge.

Not sure if the 3 litre's similar or not?!?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      On the 2.4 there's a turbo pressure sensor on the outside of the air filter box. I just cut the pipe going to that, and tee'd off it for my gauge.

still none the wiser cheers can't find that pipe either any other suggestions?

Comment

not on a 3rg gen anyway... the turbo's way down the side of the engine somewhere... really hard to get to... haven't even looked at it!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Its the same, i posted a reply to someone else's search ages ago. Ithe sensor is just under the pipe from the filter to the turbo
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
            Its the same, i posted a reply to someone else's search ages ago. Ithe sensor is just under the pipe from the filter to the turbo
            must just be me but i havent got a clue what im looking for is the pipe plastic? where exactly is it? help im lost

Comment

anyone give me a clue i keep going out to look but feel like a right amatuer cant find diddly squat

Comment

Originally posted by jedi
                anyone give me a clue i keep going out to look but feel like a right amatuer cant find diddly squat
                Come to Sandiacre Sunday and i'll show you. Just off the M1 junc for A52...

email me dude
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Just done a search on these posts...this would have been another one of my many questions.... I have a 3.0 and I had noticed that there was something missing from my air filter box. It seems like it's blowing and sucking in air and I always wondered what was missing. This is my first surf and I wanted one for a long time, I have never had a turbo light/gauge maybe this is why....[I]Is it a major problem..?? [/I] I'm sure my turbo is working cos it goes really well, if it's not it'll be like greased whale kaka when it does..lol....TIA

Comment

Have a look here for where to connect the turbo gauge pipe, it's for the 2.4 but I guess it would be similar.

http://www.hiluxsurf.net/index1.htm

Click on MODS, then ENGINE.
                    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 14 August 2005, 13:40.

Comment

Turbo gauge

Originally posted by jedi
                      anyone got a photo of which pipe im looking for to connect my turbo gauge? have looked all round manifold and cant find the pipe to connect t piece into any ideas?
                      Here's mine mate
                      Attached Files
                      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

That's the bit missing from mine (pic 1) the sensor plug on the bend in the pipe joining the filter box. Whats that sensor for...????

Comment

Thats the airflow sensor for the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Thats the airflow sensor for the turbo.
                            Could that be what's causing my check light on the clocks to keep coming on now-and-again...??? it's sending the engine into limp mode.

By the way M8..wher in Gwent you from..??

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer
                              Could that be what's causing my check light on the clocks to keep coming on now-and-again...??? it's sending the engine into limp mode.

By the way M8..wher in Gwent you from..??
                              Most likely the cause for no turbo light.
                              Are you sure the sensor is'nt dangling down under the air filter somewhere?

I live in Abercarn, near Newbridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X