Question for TonyN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for TonyN

Hi Tony, I thought you would be able to answer this..............
    I have a wide bodied 2nd gen Surf, and I took the 'body kit' off today, (the wheel arches and bumper extentions) and while I was cleaning all the dried mud out that I found behind it, I happend to look down both sides from the back end, and noticed that the wheels sick out an inch more on the drivers side. is this normal??

P.s. I think I'm gonna leave the body extentions off, the truck looks really chunky and 'ard now, especially with the mud tyres!

is that what they refer to as dressing to the right?
    Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

snigger!

Comment

If you've got lift springs on the rear, and use the standard panhard rod, it pulls the rear axle over a little.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers geezer,
          I was thinkin' the body was on crooked!

p.s. The front wheels stick out the same amount tho'!

Comment

Try closing one eye and looking at it,
            then close the other and see if there is a difference.
            After, close both eyes and picture all those mods you wanted to do!
            One other thought, its not parked on the kirb is it?
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Nope, the wheels definitely stick out an inch more on one side, and it's parked on me drive.
              I'll take some pics in the morning and show ya!

Comment

Is that why mine still wants to drift to the left, despite having tracking/alignment done several times. If that is the problem can we call it "lift drift" cos that would sound nearly as cool as butt sag?
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I think I'm gonna leave the body extentions off, the truck looks really chunky and 'ard now, especially with the mud tyres!
                  Does that mean you'll be wanting to sell the arches and things???
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

undo the body mount bolts... put it on straight and tighten them back up|
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sory to put a dampner on things, but isn't there a limit as to how much your wheels are allowed to be visible from out of the arches!...thats why extra arches are required otherwise the police et al..may have a slight word in your ear
                      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                        Sory to put a dampner on things, but isn't there a limit as to how much your wheels are allowed to be visible from out of the arches!...thats why extra arches are required otherwise the police et al..may have a slight word in your ear

Cheerz mate, but I know all about wheel protrusions, I used to get pulled with my Minis about once a month back in the early eighties. fat tyres and skinny arches!
                        On my truck, the tyres stick out the same amount as they 'go in' on the other side, so I think I'll have to do what De Slug man sugested and move the body over a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                          31's on standard offset 7" Surf wheels don't protrude enough to be illegal on a narrow body surf. Its only the tread that needs to be covered, sidewall bulge is OK.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            31's on standard offset 7" Surf wheels don't protrude enough to be illegal on a narrow body surf. Its only the tread that needs to be covered, sidewall bulge is OK.
                            It's polite to keep your bulge covered as well.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

The only trouble with wheel protrusion is that it THROWS THE MUD realy high in the air and all over the surf,(I know cos I do it) and you have to have your windows shut or else it all comes in and you get a muddy surf on the inside too so on hot days its a bit of a pain...wait a minuet I got aircon.....happy days.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X