Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Just had the surf in for a service and as the garage was replaceing a rubber gater kit on the drive shaft they noticed an damaged/broken O ring on it.
    Apparently a replacement ring is usually found in the gater kit you buy but with Surfs apprently it isnt.
    Does anyone know where or how I can get a replacement ring?
    They're talking to Toyota tech to find out if it is a separate part but if not I could be looking at a whole new drive shaft for one little ring.

Sorry it's a bit vague but I'm passing on what the garage has told me.

Any help appreciated.

Dolph

Hold on for a bit on this one.What I am about to say might be totaly wrong but if it is I will be pulled very quickly on it . I think its called a snap ring and retains the splined shaft on the inner CV. They do break sometimes on removal. I used to do them on my 1970 Audi. I have not done any on my Surf yet so it is possible that they come with the boot.
    It could also be a money ploy. (sorry sir its a very hard part to get).
    Help will be along soon. Hang in there.

Rubblebags.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
      Dolph

Hold on for a bit on this one.What I am about to say might be totaly wrong but if it is I will be pulled very quickly on it . I think its called a snap ring and retains the splined shaft on the inner CV. They do break sometimes on removal. I used to do them on my 1970 Audi. I have not done any on my Surf yet so it is possible that they come with the boot.
      It could also be a money ploy. (sorry sir its a very hard part to get).
      Help will be along soon. Hang in there.

Rubblebags.
      Thanks for that buddy. That sure sounds like the right part. The only problem is that they saw is was a goner when they were replacing the boot (I think) and the boot kit for Surfs doesnt come with one.
      That's why they're talking to Toyota to see if it's available on its own.

Cheers anyway.

Comment

Dolph
        Just looked at Roughtrax Catalague there is one in there called Inner CV circlip FA013 Price £1.50. Give them a Ring 0117 986 9065 or
        www.toyatahilux.com (Web site)

Good luck
        Rubblebags. (Geoff).
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

will it be the same as the one on the 4runner?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

There are no o-rings on the front drive shafts. You sure they are taking the right parts off?!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The only O ring will be the one that hits the floor when they try to give Dolph the bill for what sounds like a con. I think they have busted the retaining clip drifting the shaft apart. Still even then you could not warent a new shaft.

Rubblebags.
              Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Well I got the garage to call Roughtrax and after speaking to Barry there (the guy with the know) he has sent off the correct part.

Cheers for your help Rubblebags. I owe you one.

Comment

Working...
                X