Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blocks !

Hi All
    no not a miss spell, can anyone tell me what the blocks of foam round the engine (sump - bellhousing etc) are for and do thay have a need to be there, or is it better that they wern't
    Tony
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Without a more detailed description such as size and material I am only guessing here.
    To hide / soak up oil leaks ???

You have a "fireman" smiley there, you in the job too ??
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
      Without a more detailed description such as size and material I am only guessing here.
      To hide / soak up oil leaks ???

You have a "fireman" smiley there, you in the job too ??
      Hi
      thanks for your reply, on my 30L there was a shaped block of dense foam rubber type between rear of sump and plate on bottom of bell housing I think the other was between starter and block, but had a lot on my mind when stripping down, so cant remember
      in regard to the job yea, retired last year after 18 years finished as station commander with Devon Fire & Rescue.
      now working with other services providing fire safety units, www.fatfires.com if you are interested. I presume you are in the job, what and where?
      Tony
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        ... I presume you are in the job, what and where?
        Tony
        Baggy @rsed firefighter , Red Watch, Devonport Fire Station, New Zealand Fire & Rescue Service
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
        X