Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Saying Hello

Hello

Not an owner yet, but hopefully will be in the not-too-distant future. Have decided to sell my motorbike in order to fund the purchase of an older Surf which will be used as a second vehicle and to transport the family on camping trips etc. Plenty of room to load up all of our camping gear, bikes, kids toys etc.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the bike sells now so that I can start seriously looking at Surfs.

Congrats on an excellent website

Steve

Welcome to the forum- good luck with finding a Surf!

Comment

Welcome to the mad house

Welcome Steve, happy hunting for a surf, can't wait to see photos and hear about the big grin you'll be wearing.

Rob.
      Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Welcome to the site mate - hope you sell the bike...
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

welcome aboard ....

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys

Gotta confess I don't know too much about Surf's and haven't really compared them to other 4x4's. However, I love the look of them (and more importantly so does my other half!) and they seem to be the right size for what I want to use one for. I used to have a VW Camper which I loved, and would have another one tomorrow, but the missus has banned me from ever owning another one of those

At this point in time I'm not interested in extreme off-roading or anything like that, just a nice big bus for those family camping trips. Had a Frontera Sport (is that a swear-word on here?!?!) a few years back and went on one of those one-day courses where they teach you how to use the thing properly off-road. Can't remember much about it now but I know I had ****** good fun!

I'll keep my eye on the For Sale forum and as soon as I sell my bike I'll hopefully be joining you!

Cheers,
            Steve

Comment

hi steve welcome to the forum mate
              i will have a nice wine coloured 2.4 ssr-g for sale shortly its got years mot and tax and the head is fine
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve!
                Beware the Surf is addictive, Wifey and I were total petrol heads, running tweaked VR6s and a 328i with a Supercharger, now we run a 3.0td and 2.4td Surfs
                Never been happier, happy hunting, and post piccys of your findings!

All the best,
                Gtdog
                Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

[QUOTE=Lofty]Thanks for the welcome guys

At this point in time I'm not interested in extreme off-roading or anything like that, just a nice big bus for those family camping trips. ...

Nice one - they make a great camping bus (thats all I origionaly bought mine for). You can get free beer by towing lesser vehicles of muddy fields to.

Beware of the dark side though. once you start modifying things it gets to be a slippery slope.

Comment

welcome, hope you enjoy your stay oh and watch out for the odd forum weirdo, you will soon be able to point them out.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Hmmmmm, modifying - that's the bit that worries me! I have modified every vehicle I've ever owned and I don't expect the Surf will be any different! It can get quite expensive when you start from scratch - as I have discovered with my Scooby. Bought it completely standard and never dreamed I'd want to change anything. How wrong I was!!!!! Probably best I look around for a Surf that's already got all the toys on, save me some cash in the long run!

What equipment do they come with as standard? And is the 4Runner exactly the same as the Surf except it's the UK version?

Well I could be one step nearer ownership - I had a call last night from a guy interested in my bike. He's coming to see it tomorrow night and travelling 80 miles so sounds promising!

Back to the For Sale Forum then.......................... .

Steve

Comment

I've got a dilemma on my hands now. Guy at work has just offered me his L-reg LWB 3.0 V6 Shogun, 85k miles, fsh, auto, cruise etc etc for £2500. He's had it for 5 years so I know the history of it for that period of time and know it's been well looked after. Very tempting I must admit, but I much prefer the looks of the Surf.

Decisions decisions..................... ..

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
                          I've got a dilemma on my hands now. Guy at work has just offered me his L-reg LWB 3.0 V6 Shogun, 85k miles, fsh, auto, cruise etc etc for £2500. He's had it for 5 years so I know the history of it for that period of time and know it's been well looked after. Very tempting I must admit, but I much prefer the looks of the Surf.

Decisions decisions..................... ..
                          what decisions
                          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

and the dilemma is how to tell your mate you dont want is shogun without upsetting him?
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              hi steve welcome to the forum mate
                              i will have a nice wine coloured 2.4 ssr-g for sale shortly its got years mot and tax and the head is fine
                              Welcome to the world that is SUFIZUM Steve.
                              Yep pops motor is sweet.............
                              NOT TO SURE ABOUT POPS THOUGH.
                              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                              X