jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jack

anyone know where i can get a suitable trolley jack for me surf?... never seen one that lifts over about a foot and that would only just touch the diff!!

obviously i don't wanna spend hundreds on a blue point high lift one cos it's only for occasional use!...

any ideas?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Not sure about a trolley jack, mine is ok for lifting the wheels (it's a Halfrauds jobbie), but won't go much higher. You might be better off with a becent bottle jack.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
      Not sure about a trolley jack, mine is ok for lifting the wheels (it's a Halfrauds jobbie), but won't go much higher. You might be better off with a becent bottle jack.
      yeah, the std one is ok... just a pain in the ass and slow!...

Comment

I got this, lifts high enough for me!
        http://machinemart.co.uk/product.asp...5&r=2047&g=107

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I got this, lifts high enough for me!
          http://machinemart.co.uk/product.asp...5&r=2047&g=107
          cushtie!.... i'll check what height i need and might po down to southampton tomorrow!... hmmm could het a towbar while i'm there too!

Comment

or you could try here...

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk//Shop/prod...c1e4339551fc1e

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              cushtie!.... i'll check what height i need and might po down to southampton tomorrow!... hmmm could het a towbar while i'm there too!
              It may pay to give M/mart a call first to make sure that they have one in the store,

Cheers, Nick
              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

anyone know where i can get a suitable trolley jack for me surf?... never seen one that lifts over about a foot and that would only just touch the diff!!

obviously i don't wanna spend hundreds on a blue point high lift one cos it's only for occasional use!...

any ideas?
                Very few sub 100 h/lift trolley jack capable of lifting +3 tonnes IMHO

However, one of best arrangements I have seen (but yet to source myself) involves a high lift/ jackall/ WITH a special "short twin strop and hooks ". This has a metal cage which fits over the jack head and the hooks fit into the alloy wheel gaps. The method is to lift the car as high as you wish and then either place an axle stand or baulk of timber to support IF you need to remove the wheel being lifted. Obviously you would need to slightly slacken the wheel nuts before lifting... apparently although of US origin there is a supplier in portsmouth area but other than this being a 4x4 place nfd....

OK you wanted a trolley jack, an this is way "off beam", but more useful IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                  Very few sub 100 h/lift trolley jack capable of lifting +3 tonnes IMHO

However, one of best arrangements I have seen (but yet to source myself) involves a high lift/ jackall/ WITH a special "short twin strop and hooks ". This has a metal cage which fits over the jack head and the hooks fit into the alloy wheel gaps. The method is to lift the car as high as you wish and then either place an axle stand or baulk of timber to support IF you need to remove the wheel being lifted. Obviously you would need to slightly slacken the wheel nuts before lifting... apparently although of US origin there is a supplier in portsmouth area but other than this being a 4x4 place nfd....

OK you wanted a trolley jack, an this is way "off beam", but more useful IMHO
                  yeah, seen them before... look good...
                  really need something on wheels...

got one that lifts 480mm but that still isn't high enough to lift a wheel if i'm jacking on the chassis!... have to make a platform for it!

Comment

Or fit smaller wheels!

Comment

Its quite simply !!!

1)Put jack under chassis
                      2)Let down rear tyres
                      3)use jack

lmao
                      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

and cheers for changing the thread title.... WONDER WHO THAT WAS???

Comment

and cheers for changing the thread title.... WONDER WHO THAT WAS???
                          Huh? what you talking about you jerk......
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Huh? what you talking about you jerk......
                            oh no!.... i'm genuinely going insane!!

lucky i've got good looks on my side!... eh??!!

Comment

oh no!.... i'm genuinely going insane!!

lucky i've got good looks on my side!... eh??!!
                              Yup, and errr....yeah??

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X