4" lift question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" lift question

hey guys, went to look at some surfs today for my mate (the pie eater..!!) he's found a 2nd gen in green that he likes the look of, it has a 4" lift and 16" wheels fitted. my question is........ i noticed that the radiator was showing below the bumper (only by an inch or so) and there was no sump guard (not even the standard thingy). it didn't look quite right to me...... should it have some brackets fitted to lift the radiator or something done to the bumper.......???? whats's the normal route to follow...???

thanks guys,
    see ya'll
    Planty

no the rad is good, it has been lowered using brackets relative to the fan which hasnt moved meaning (unfortunately) that the lift in question is potentially a 4" body lift and that isnt advised generally

16" rims means nothing only that replacement rubber is more scarce than that for 15" rims. The question is what is the true size of the tyre i.e. 285/70/16 or similar. That will give people a better base on which to say the tyre size fits or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      no the rad is good, it has been lowered using brackets relative to the fan which hasnt moved meaning (unfortunately) that the lift in question is potentially a 4" body lift and that isnt advised generally

16" rims means nothing only that replacement rubber is more scarce than that for 15" rims. The question is what is the true size of the tyre i.e. 285/70/16 or similar. That will give people a better base on which to say the tyre size fits or not.
      thanks for that jim, the body lift (rather than suspension lift) did cross my mind but i must admit not 'till i was heading home after. the wheels / tyres weren't a problem, the gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch looked the same as my standard one. if matey goes back i'll get underneath and have real good look around for the body lift bits etc.

see ya'll
      Planty

Comment

Working...
      X