No announcement yet.

Work Horse or Pleasure? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use mine for work, its great for recovery of machines stuck on various parts of our golf course and also for taking stuff away to be fixed.

I`m landscaping my garden just now so there's been all sorts in it.

Comment

Forgot to say Hippo has another use,

With her taste for Veg Oil I use her to fumigate tailgating BMWs

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The Surf is Jackie's motor so it only does trivial mileage - unless we're away in the caravan then I get to drive it. Only taken it off road once - HUGE grins allround (including Jackie and the kids) until I had to clean it .........

I'm stuck with a diesel Focus Estate for every day use but I can usually steal the Surf every couple of weeks for a run to work (110 miles round trip) using the 'She needs a run to clear her out' ploy - If you see a silver 3rd Gen on the A303/M3/M25 on the weekend it'll probably be me !

She's getting a run tomorrow - 07:00 from Andover, 16:30 from Staines - and in 10 days time she's off to the south of France for a while - then we'll find out whether the oil cooler works ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Hmm as many uses as WD40!
          Towing Ribs
          Carrying Cat marine diesel gearboxes to essex for repair,
          Mooving/distrubiting Liferafts and lifejackets
          Carrying Cleaning materials and teams to boats
          Carrying two ribs whilst towing another, wish i had the photo to prove that one!
          Carying mountain bikes to play
          Carrying Canoes to play
          Carrying food and drink for up to 80 persons on big charter days
          Carrying dogs for morning walk
          carrying dogs, wife, daughters self and an endless list of child/dog/parent toys and accessories for excursions, with roof box for overnighters
          collecting/delivering clients
          carring all the garden plant i break to the dump
          carring all the garden plant i replace above with, home from the mower man
          Delivering me and all of my offshore delivery kit to anywhere in Europe
          Occasional fun on sporadic days off with mild green laning/ non tarmac play
          Mobile company billboard/advert
          Fun
          Fun

Nothing else could prove to be such a versitile work horse, and still give me a buzz to drive on the A31-A35 route from Portsmouth to Torquay and back overnight.

I have probably missed off the list a vast percentage of the Blue Dogs workload, but thats its biggest problem, it gets taken forgranted that it can do it!

Still the finest vehicle I have ever owned.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Gtdog; 15 July 2005, 21:17. Reason: forgot the photo
          Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

h/m

well i use mine for commuting to start with also use it to ferry me missus 2 kids 2 dogs and a cat and all luggae round ,also love extreme off roading the harder the better ,green laneing .use it for work (mechanic )towing ,trailering ,and tow starts e.g flat batterys on small trucks yes i tow start 7.5 tonne in low range WHAT A CAR p.s. anti 4x4 people i can only afford 1 car this is it if you chase me out of this car i have know car know job cheers
            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

My Surf is mostly used off road. It's favourite pastime is chasing sheep and cattle, towing trailers, and taking sons rabbit shooting, (they stand on the seat and shoot out of the sunroof) and being used as a dog kennel when I forget the dog's in the back. Sometimes it gets all spruced up and goes away for a few days - but always comes back wagging it's tail behind it.

Jacqueline
              Last edited by jax; 15 July 2005, 21:51.

Comment

I love my surf...

In short I use it for everything.

I go too and from work, which is a 100 mile round trip. Take it off roading. Run around where I live. Do the shopping. blah blah blah blah blah.

I think that my Poojot 406 is starting to get jealous now!!!
                Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

I use my Surf mainly as a work horse for transporting 4 large dogs but I do derive a certain amount of pleasure from knowing that I can also wind up tree huggers at the same time
                  A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

I just use mine for the school run.

Comment

Im Just Glad Mine Runs At All Considering The Amount Of **** Under The Bonnet!!
                      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

All-rounder.

to/from work
                        weekend driving
                        carrying stuff to the tip
                        pulling a horse trailer
                        greenlaning/off-roading
                        Gaz

Comment

Mine is used every day for work, the only thing I noticed is, when you have a lot of weight in the back it tends to go a bit slower!
                          Strange that!
                          It's been through a lot and keeps on comin back for more, as for the head job by Stevo, he gave it a new lease of life!

You cant go wrong whatever you do with it
                          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                          X