Work Horse or Pleasure? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Horse or Pleasure? :)

Just wondering - and this may have been posted before - as I have to use my Surf for work today, how many people actually use theirs for work/as a work horse, how many use theirs to/from work, how many as an only vehicle and how many as a weekend/pleasure (read as playing in the mud ) ?

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Used the Surf to and from work and as a mud plugger and general cart horse, rubbish to tip and carrying all me fishing gear.
    4Runner pretty much the same except no off roading in it.
    The pick up then became the work horse, rubbish, off road a real general work horse.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi Nick.
      Its my only vehicle, as you might know I do trailers and I the Surf is often towing, always loaded up with gear/tools/crap (before Tony edits it again ) and carrying heavy spares or full of wheels/tyres etc.
      When its not doing that rubbish runs and building materials are usually inside and its my plaything too for forum meets.

The boot of mine was badly scuffed before I had it so im not too worried but my Dads landcruiser has full leather interior and 3rd row of seats and he's a builder and uses that for work every day like me. The interior is mint from using blankets etc.

The Surf is very versatile so dont be scared
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Surf is used for everything.

To and from work /for work.
        Taxi for kids
        Taxi for Wife
        Taxi for kids
        Used for towing my boat and getting muddy.
        Taxi for kids
        Used as an air con unit during hot weather.
        Taxi for kids
        Used as an emergency stop for female drunk drivers ,driving astras
        Taxi for kids

Used as a hotel room when im in the dog house.

oh and its my best friend too!!!

you just got to love them surfs
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

I use mine as a daily driver as it's my only car. So to from work each day and shopping etc. On weekends I've started doing some green laning, but nothing too taxing as I need it in one piece for monday
          [IMG]http://www.slate8.com/hiluxstuff/hilux-sig.gif[/IMG]

Comment

just as an aside... (unusual i know...) ever see the expression on the face of of someone who works with horses? workhorses are a pleasure....
            mine works,yesterday delivering doors round shropshire, lastweek builders merchants, architectural salvage and the tip, next week, who knows?maybe find some roads with grass on?
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Mine's a second vehicle used for:

- Camping trips/4x4 weekends
              - Transporting off-road motorbike
              - Transporting mountain bike
              - Transporting anything else that won't fit in my daily drive
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

I use mine for a bit of everything really, though it is the workhorse (I got the sensible car so Lottie could have her convertible). We are doing up two houses and so it is often full of building materials - with the seats down the back of a Surf is the perfect size: width and length for plasterboards! I'm getting into rallying so it was also bought in mind to tow the car to events, but it's often transporting wheels, engines, rollcages etc. and the parents two huge hounds We also use it offroad at club and other events. I've fitted ours out with some ICE too so at times it's just used to cruise

A couple of randoms of it doing what it does!

Whatever it does - I love it
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

The Bullet is my daily driver, goes shopping, tows the trailer frequently, does the runs for horse feed etc, transports the building materials for the Stevenage renovation, takes the dogs out, and plays in the mud...

A real all rounder!! I love the fact she is great off road in the mud...tough and resilient, and then cleans up and looks sexy round town the next day.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

SHHHH Linda dont tell Trev you clean the bullet!!!!!!

Comment

The great thing about Surf's is they are such a versatile all rounder.

Saturday morning I'll be ferrying a work party and all the tools to a remote part of the Warwickshire Avon to do some tree & bank clearance work. It's a mile or two from the nearest tarmac- but the flood meadows are nice & dry at the moment so we need to get the work done now really. Then Saturday afternoon a family shopping trip. Sunday is boat towing duty again-can't ask more than that from a car really!

Nevillef
                      Last edited by laser_jock@work; 15 July 2005, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
                        SHHHH Linda dont tell Trev you clean the bullet!!!!!!
                        huh,

what ?

hmmmmmmm

Mike, if you see Hippo at present she is fairly clean , had her valeted a fortnight ago

she was full of dust and £20 for in and out seemed too good to miss

Trev
                        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hippo's my daily driver,

Relied on to do the odd bit of driving to and from work (just 700km per week)

Trev

PS Mike when we gonna see yours offroad ?
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

OkOk Ill try really hard to get to the next lil trip ok Trev!!!!

things to do.........

Put boat into storage not allowed to go fishing.

Put golf clubs in garage not allowed to play golf

Clear my work schedule so can go play in the dust!!!!

Ok Trev nearly there mate

Comment

Some interesting replies It's good to see that the Surf really has a million and one uses and people here aren't afraid to use them

Me, I use mine for everything too, work, shopping, dad's taxi towing, taking the dog out, trips to the tip, trips to builder's merchants etc. The only thing it ain't done yet is go off road - but it's time WILL come

Cheers, Nick
                              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                              X